Awesome fishing Story

Old October 20th, 2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
lovemarriage.kim

Default Awesome fishing Story

Now, this is not about something that happened to me, but rather to a
friend of mine who lives, eats, and breathes fishing on a daily basis.
I have his permission to write the story, and it's just too good not
to relay it to all those folks out there that work so hard to get good
fishing stories. Just keep in mind that I'm telling the story of
someone else.

My friend goes fishing out on the local lakes at least two to three
times a week. He has a big truck, a nice boat, and more fishing rods
than you can shake a stick at. He estimates that he spends some 18-20
hours per week hunting those ever-elusive creatures of the deep.

At any rate, this friend of mine decided to take yet another friend
out fishing as he had expressed an interest in it. Large-mouth bass
was the object of desire for that particular outing. The two of them
spent some seven hours out on the water drinking beer, getting a
sunburn, and bringing home a whopping 15 lbs of fish in the form of 3
large-mouths to show for the day. At the end of the day, the seemingly
new fisherman said to my friend "You work too hard at fishing...Come
over to my place next week and I'll show you how I go fishing!"

So, the eventful day comes and my friend pays a visit to this man's 20
acre ranch with it's very own fully stocked pond. They walk together
down to the dock and the man says, "Now I'm going to show you how to
fish the easy way!" He pulls out a child size spider-man pole that he
has stashed on the side of the dock, and drops the hook in the water
sans bait, lure, or anything recognizable as a tempting treat for a
bass. Just a bare hook. Within 2 minutes, the guy is pulling a
sizeable bass from the pond! In the space of 15 minutes, the man had
pulled four fish totaling about 20 lbs out of that pond. He looked at
my friend and says "Like I told you, you work too hard at fishing!"

The next time you're out scrambling around in your bass boat, trying
to get those elusive buggers to bite so you can have a nice dinner
that night, think about how easy this guy has it. It's almost
laughable to think that it could be so easy, if only we all had a nice
big ranch with a fully stocked pond. But then again, where's the
challenge? Right?I have a blog that has more information on some of
what I've been writing about. If you feel like checking it out, I
would completely suggest it.
http://fishingtriptip.blogspot.com/