large softbait

Old October 31st, 2007, 11:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

Default large softbait

I have some large softbaits that I plan on using like jerk baits.
There are two options to go either a one or two hook system. I know
from using hard baits that often the fish will hit the lure sideways
in an effort to break it's back. Other times there will be a follow
and a tail hit of the softbait. The 2 hook system has a drawback that
the second hook may affect the action of the softbait but there is
more of an assurance of a hook up. I would like you to know as I do
the merits of each. Softbaits are very effective as a jerk bait since
there is greater vibrational action (than a hardbait) and there is
also the possibility of the introduction of scent.

Old November 1st, 2007, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

fishtale wrote:
I have some large softbaits that I plan on using like jerk baits.
There are two options to go either a one or two hook system. I know
from using hard baits that often the fish will hit the lure sideways
in an effort to break it's back. Other times there will be a follow
and a tail hit of the softbait. The 2 hook system has a drawback that
the second hook may affect the action of the softbait but there is
more of an assurance of a hook up. I would like you to know as I do
the merits of each. Softbaits are very effective as a jerk bait since
there is greater vibrational action (than a hardbait) and there is
also the possibility of the introduction of scent.

You've outdone yourself on this one, Al.

I'd love to hear the tape of the interview you did with the fish, in
which one told you about the 'back breaking thing'.

And I never realized that soft baits gave off more vibration than hard
baits. Or whatever it is you mean by 'vibrational action'.

At least we all now know as you do, the merits of each.
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

RichZ wrote:

You've outdone yourself on this one, Al.

I'd love to hear the tape of the interview you did with the fish, in
which one told you about the 'back breaking thing'.

I saw that interview on the Discovery channel,, the Bass "said" he would
hit one sideways to break his back, so he could easily catch it,, just
shows you how dumb bass are,, he has already caught it, when he breaks
it's back :-)

And I never realized that soft baits gave off more vibration than hard
baits. Or whatever it is you mean by 'vibrational action'.

Now that one is funny, even my rig can't cause the vibrations in a soft
plastic lure, many crank baits can generate

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control