new beachcaster rod

Old November 9th, 2007, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Andy[_2_]

Default new beachcaster rod

Hi, Im thinking for buying a new beachcasting rod. The Shimano Aspire 130m
looks a great deal at £180. Is there any other rods in this price range i
should also consider?

Andy

Old November 10th, 2007, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
The Midnight Rider

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi, Im thinking for buying a new beachcasting rod. The Shimano Aspire
130m looks a great deal at £180. Is there any other rods in this price
range i should also consider?

Andy

Why spend so much?
I have been using an ABU 13ft for a few years and have been more than happy,
it casts well, holds well, is nicely balanced with my medium size Abu
multiplier, sits well in windy conditions, and cost only £48

Don't waste money, a name doesn't always mean better quality nor does the
price.

Old November 11th, 2007, 02:43 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Andy[_2_]

"The Midnight Rider" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message
Hi, Im thinking for buying a new beachcasting rod. The Shimano Aspire
130m looks a great deal at £180. Is there any other rods in this price
range i should also consider?

Andy

Why spend so much?
I have been using an ABU 13ft for a few years and have been more than
happy, it casts well, holds well, is nicely balanced with my medium size
Abu multiplier, sits well in windy conditions, and cost only £48

Don't waste money, a name doesn't always mean better quality nor does the
price.

Hi Paul, Im not buying it for the name. I was shown one and it looks great.
A few people have recomended it. The RRP is £270 but I got a deal on eBay
for £180. Many thanks for the advice.

Andy