What should I do?

Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Lu Powell[_2_]

Default What should I do?

I posted this on rec.outdoors.fishing.bass, but apparently nobody
subscribes, so here it is:

I live on a large retaining pond in north Florida that has some monster
bass. I often catch small bream and put them out on a large hook to catch a
big bass. Most of the time, I will get a big bass to hit, and occasionally
will get it to the bank. Far too many times, I lose the bait and bass before
I can get it in.

What's the best hook and hooking method that will improve my chances?

Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Rodney Long

Lu Powell wrote:
I posted this on rec.outdoors.fishing.bass, but apparently nobody
subscribes, so here it is:

I live on a large retaining pond in north Florida that has some monster
bass. I often catch small bream and put them out on a large hook to
catch a big bass. Most of the time, I will get a big bass to hit, and
occasionally will get it to the bank. Far too many times, I lose the
bait and bass before I can get it in.

What's the best hook and hooking method that will improve my chances?

WEll the best is a #2 treble hook. hooked in the back, under a float

Personally I catch those hogs with lures.

Another thing, take your time reeling the bass in, the more pressure you
put on him/her the bigger chance the hook pulls out.

I landed a 13 lb 5 oz on 6 lb test, never put more than 4 lbs of pull
against her

--
Secret Weapon Recoil Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Lu Powell[_2_]

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I have caught some pretty good sized ones using
Texas rigged worms and top waters. Nothing near 10 pounds plus like I know
are in the pond.

Old August 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
steve[_4_]

Lu Powell wrote:
[...]

Take a look a my site. I have posted tons of info to help you with
this as welll as ove 200 free videos. http://delawaretrophybass.com
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Lu Powell[_2_]

Lu Powell wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
♂Sod BusterΩ

"Lu Powell" wrote in message
I posted this on rec.outdoors.fishing.bass, but apparently nobody
subscribes, so here it is:

I live on a large retaining pond in north Florida that has some monster
bass. I often catch small bream and put them out on a large hook to catch
a big bass. Most of the time, I will get a big bass to hit, and
occasionally will get it to the bank. Far too many times, I lose the bait
and bass before I can get it in.

What's the best hook and hooking method that will improve my chances?

You are on the right track, but what kind of hook do you use? Trilene green
12/15lb test with a #3 gamakatsu hook is a good idea? I've caught 40+lb
cats on it and got all of them up to the boat. Hardest part is getting them
to the boat or bank and then picking them up. Depending on the depth you
could use a FlexIt, Crocodile, or Little Cleo spoon and just jig it about
10/12 inches off the bottom constantly.
SodBuster

Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Steve B

"?Sod Buster?" wrote in message
"Lu Powell" wrote in message
I posted this on rec.outdoors.fishing.bass, but apparently nobody
subscribes, so here it is:

I live on a large retaining pond in north Florida that has some monster
bass. I often catch small bream and put them out on a large hook to catch
a big bass. Most of the time, I will get a big bass to hit, and
occasionally will get it to the bank. Far too many times, I lose the bait
and bass before I can get it in.

What's the best hook and hooking method that will improve my chances?

I have lost a lot of fish landing them. Now, I use a net, except for small
fish that I don't mind losing, except when they have a $7 lure in their
mouth. I've been laughed at, but if I can get to them with a net, I got
'em.

Steve