Trailer lights

Old September 15th, 2009, 05:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default Trailer lights

I have a new problem with my lights, everything is working except my
brake lights, now what could this be

Old September 15th, 2009, 11:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
I have a new problem with my lights, everything is working except my
brake lights, now what could this be

Start at the pigtail. Determine if it's the truck or the trailer and go
from there.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
kj1976

It's most likely a poor connection from your vehicle to your
trailer. First check to see if your trailer connection is corroded
if you can scrape the metal a bit it may give you a connection.
If you buy a 12 volt tester ($4.00) with the lights on attach the
alligator clip to the ground which is the white wire or the exposed
metal part on your vehicle connection put the sharp tester part to the
other "holes" or connections on the vehicle. If you have power the
tester will light so turn on your running lights and caution lights.
If this is working the problem is not your vehicle. good luck
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Da Chief[_4_]

On Sep 15, 12:53*pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
I have a new problem with my lights, everything is working except my
brake lights, now what could this be

Earlier this year I discovered something about my F150 I did not know.
There's a separate fuse for trailer connections. I had replaced the
left rear light fixture on the trailer but still had no brake lights.
Trailer mechanic at local shop popped open front passenger kick panel
and discovered a blown fuse. He replaced the fuse and now I have full
lights on the trailer. Maybe your truck, whatever make it might be,
has a similar setup and it may only be a fuse onboard the truck.
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
CalifBill

"Da Chief" wrote in message
On Sep 15, 12:53 pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
I have a new problem with my lights, everything is working except my
brake lights, now what could this be

Earlier this year I discovered something about my F150 I did not know.
There's a separate fuse for trailer connections. I had replaced the
left rear light fixture on the trailer but still had no brake lights.
Trailer mechanic at local shop popped open front passenger kick panel
and discovered a blown fuse. He replaced the fuse and now I have full
lights on the trailer. Maybe your truck, whatever make it might be,
has a similar setup and it may only be a fuse onboard the truck.

Ford has fuses for each of the trailer and car brake lights.

Old April 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
robertjackman robertjackman is offline
Junior Member

If you buy a 12-volt light tester on the additional grounds, is the white wire or connection to the vehicle tester pointed out some loopholes or other vehicle attached to the metal part of the alligator clip. If you have the ability, the tester open your lights and warning lights.