Another sept tournament

Old September 28th, 2010, 02:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Another sept tournament

Sunday - September 25, 2010 - Day 224 - 46 days missed

Spalding County Sportman Club tournament
West Point Lake - 7 AM - 3 PM
Water 83 degrees, cloudy with heavy rain after lunch
Water clear

Fishing with Kwong and we went to his favorite point to start. I used
to fish it but several years ago he got started and I don't go there
any more. We started throwing topwater but it was still pretty dark.
Then at 7:15 I missed a hit on a popper. In the next 20 minutes or so
Kwong landed four keeper spots and I landed 3. I missed about ten hits
and he missed a couple, too. Not sure what my problem was.

We stayed there for over an hour but no more hits after that first
flurry. Running up the lake I pointed out a point I like to fish and
Kwong got his fifth keeper there on a jig and pig on his first cast.
No more hits.

We fished several places and caught a few short fish, including some
hybrids that came up schooling. Huge school of 8 inch fish. Though
they didn't stock hybrids in West Point any more. I got my fourth
keeper by a stump on a small jig and pig after the 15 inch largemouth
ignored Kwong's fluke.

At 11 we were working a place Kwong has caught some good fish and he
landed a solid 3 pound largemouth on a fluke, then another one. I got
my fifth keeper, a small spot then got a thump and landed a 3.5 pound
spot on a jig head.

Rain started pouring with a real frog washer, then thunder rumbled in
distance. We fished for two hours in the rain but nothing but a few
short spots. Then Kwong got another solid 3 pound largemouth on his
jig and pig. That was it.

At weigh-in Kwong won with 5 at 11.68 pounds. I came in second with
five at 8.36 and the spot was big fish at 3.41 pounds. Third was
another limit at 6.78 and fourth was four at 6,64,

Not bad from the back of the boat.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Thanks - some days things go right!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com*