Lake Hartwell GBCFN State Championship tournament day two

Old November 24th, 2010, 06:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Lake Hartwell GBCFN State Championship tournament day two

Sunday - November 21, 2010 - Day 253 - 72 days missed

In first group to take off and left at 7:00 - warmer morning, cloud
cover and no fog. Shut gas motor off at 7:10 in creek. No hits for
about 45 minutes then partner got a keeper on a Sammy. I threw a Rico
and missed one - saw it pull the plug under, good keeper, but never
hooked it. Then partner got another one and I missed another one. Not
a good start!

Worked around the cove and finally got a keeper on a point, then a
second one. Fished to a dock where there was a big brush pile where I
caught two short fish yesterday but nothing hit my jig head worm. I
told partner I was going to throw a change up and picked up a Pulse
Jig from Buckeye - like the scrounger head - with a Fluke on it. Swam
it across the brush - nothing. Threw back and let it sink more, swam
it back and got a hard thump. Landed a 3.5 pound largemouth! Threw it
all the way around the creek but got only three more short fish.

Back in the creek near where I broke off the one yesterday I got my
fourth on a jig head then my partner got one on a small point where I
caught one yesterday.

At 1:30 back on that point I got another good fish, about 3 pounds, on
the jighead, to fill my limit.

We fished hard till 2:45 when we had to head in. First time I cranked
big motor all day. I really wanted to cull one little bass, 12.25
inches long and and skinny, but couldn't.

At weigh-in found out the fish my partner's team member was on
didn't hit today - he had only 3 pounds. Several people ahead of me
didn't do well, but some behind me did good. My five weighed 8.94

I ended up what 17.96 pounds and got 8th place. Happy but
disappointed. Top 7 get to take boats to Southern Regional - I missed
that by .3 pounds. Still thrilled to get to go to the next level,
fifth time I have made the state team but have been trying for 34
years!

My first day partner got 9 pounds today and made the team, too.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Nice finish Ronnie, .3 lbs. difference always makes ya say "if only" a
lot hu?

John B

======

Lake Hartwell GBCFN State Championship tournament day two

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Nov 24, 2010, 9:09am (CST-2)

Old November 26th, 2010, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

Just a tad short but still a good finish Ronnie!

Next year you'll get em.

Dan

Old November 27th, 2010, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Yeah - I have thought several times just one more two pound fish....

Still happy to get to go to the next level.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com