penn surfmaster

Old February 27th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Short Wave Sportfishing

Default penn surfmaster

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:09:57 -0800, "Lou W"
wrote:

I recently was given a penn surfmaster. #200. Does this reel have a anti
reverse? The lever on the crank side throws it into freespool and the button
on the other side engages a clicker but there seens to be no anti reverse.
If there was ever supposed to be.

It's called your thumb. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------

Basic Fishing Program:

10 - Fish
20 - Eat
30 - Sleep
40 - Goto 10
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Lou W

wrote:

I recently was given a penn surfmaster. #200. Does this reel have a

anti
reverse? The lever on the crank side throws it into freespool and the

button
on the other side engages a clicker but there seens to be no anti

reverse.
If there was ever supposed to be.

It's called your thumb. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

LOL! Maybe "anti reverse" is the wrong term. Possibly locking mechanism
would be correct.
Just got done takingit apart and found a missing dog spring. That is
probably the problem why the reel
does not lock and then rely on the drag setting to keep the line from
feeding out by itself.
Lou

Old February 27th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:25:51 -0800, "Lou W"

.. .
wrote:

I recently was given a penn surfmaster. #200. Does this reel have a

anti
reverse? The lever on the crank side throws it into freespool and the

button
on the other side engages a clicker but there seens to be no anti

reverse.
If there was ever supposed to be.

It's called your thumb. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

LOL! Maybe "anti reverse" is the wrong term. Possibly locking mechanism
would be correct.
Just got done takingit apart and found a missing dog spring. That is
probably the problem why the reel
does not lock and then rely on the drag setting to keep the line from
feeding out by itself.

Ah, well then. :)

Those are great reels - plenty of parts available, last forever -
probalby the best ever made.

I have a 209 here that I've had - geeze, forever I think. Still
working great.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT