John Kerry hates fishing ! ! !

Old October 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
mhood

Default John Kerry hates fishing ! ! !

I'd sure hate to be a mallard when you're out hunting wood ducks :-) Yea, I've
seen a few killdeer (killdee is the sound they make) in my time and they do not
look "almost exactly like a dove in flight"... not a surprising mistake from a
fellow who can't tell an Osama from a Saddam though.

RGarri7470 wrote:

I guess Killdeer are a lot like
Dove...except for the legs, size, color, sound...well, they both can fly.

From this post it is obvious you have never seen a killdee - at least that is
what they are called here in the south. And they look almost exactly like a
dove in flight.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM
mhood

Why don't you do a Google search on "George Bush Killdeer" and see what you can
learn about this little bird...

RGarri7470 wrote:

I've done a lot of dove hunting in
my life but I can't understand how a "sportsman" could possibly mistake a
kill-deer for a dove.

If you really have seen doves and killdee fly you know they look very similar.
And I have never heard of them being protected.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM
RGarri7470

Why don't you do a Google search on "George Bush Killdeer" and see what you
can
learn about this little bird...

Because I grew up on a farm where they lived, have seen them all my life, have
seen them on dove fields here in Georgia while hunting, and have shot them in
the past because I wanted a close-up look at one.

I expect my experience is somewhat more valid than what I will find on the net.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old October 27th, 2004, 10:54 PM
RGarri7470

Yea, I've
seen a few killdeer (killdee is the sound they make) in my time and they do
not
look "almost exactly like a dove in flight"... not a surprising mistake from
fellow who can't tell an Osama from a Saddam though.

That is just silly. I thought you were going back to lurking!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 28th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Henry Hefner

mhood wrote:
Why don't you do a Google search on "George Bush Killdeer" and see what you can
learn about this little bird...

Now Rodney can have someone to argue with. Ker-plonk!
Old October 28th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Henry Hefner

Old October 28th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On 27 Oct 2004 21:54:42 GMT, (RGarri7470) sent into
the ether:

Yea, I've
seen a few killdeer (killdee is the sound they make) in my time and they do
not
look "almost exactly like a dove in flight"... not a surprising mistake from
fellow who can't tell an Osama from a Saddam though.

That is just silly. I thought you were going back to lurking!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Careful Ronnie, looks like you've got a pocket mouse there. Jerk his
strings with care and you might get years of fun out of him. :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old October 28th, 2004, 02:22 PM
mhood

Not yet...I figured Al and Rodney could use a break. If you can't tell the
difference between a Plover (shore bird) that glides on the wind and does not go
far when fleeing a hunter (they even stay on the ground and pretend to have a
broken wing to protect their chicks) from a dove, then you should not be hunting
dove.