John Kerry hates fishing ! ! !

Old October 30th, 2004, 03:31 PM
D. Norton

Default John Kerry hates fishing ! ! !

Actually I prefer to ignore them all together. Frankly I have never met a
politician that would not make a excellent
boat anchor.

--
Dave Norton
The RodMaker
"Marty" wrote in message

"D. Norton" wrote in message
Bah humbug, **** on all politicians !

You're pretty soft on politicians, most people prefer to sh*t on them.

Old October 31st, 2004, 01:04 AM
RGarri7470

If you can't tell the
difference between a Plover (shore bird) that glides on the wind and does not
go
far when fleeing a hunter (they even stay on the ground and pretend to have a

I didn't think you were talking about a killdee or killdeer. I am 300 miles
from the coast. Killdees live in fields, nest on the ground, are common all
over the US. Scientific name Charadrius vociferus. Two shorebird plovers are
in the same genus their species names are : Semipalmated Plover -
semipalmatus, SnowyPlover - alexandrinus. Two other shorebird plovers are the
American Goldern Plover and the Black bellied Plover they are not even in the
same genus - they are in the Pluvialis genus.

Maybe President Bush and I think kildees look a lot like doves but most dove
hunters I know dont hunt over beaches. Do you?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old October 31st, 2004, 01:07 AM
RGarri7470

Then you're guilty of killing a Federally protected bird on the Endangered
Species List and should pay the fine for every time you've done it. Killed

any bald
eagles lately?

There you go again, jumping to conclusions and making groundless accusations.
I shot a killdee about 40 years ago when I was 12 or 14 - there was no federal
law protecting them then. And no, never shot a bald eagle, none around when I
was growing up. The only birds I would not shoot when I was growing up were
redbirds (Cardinals), bluebirds and Brown Thrashers. Everything else was game
back then!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 31st, 2004, 01:10 AM
RGarri7470

.is it because
George Bush shot the Killdeer and he must be defended at all costs?

I did a little checking - this incident supposedly happened over 10 years ago
when President Bush first ran against, and defeated Ann Richards, for Govenor
of Texas. Got anything else from 10 to 50 years ago you want to complain about?
I only remember back about 50 years so if it happened before I was born I
problaby don't remember it.

Are you a big Ann Richards fan?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 31st, 2004, 01:10 AM
RGarri7470

I'm sure that's part of it.

I was an active birder for 15 years and never thought a killdeer and
mourning dove resembled each other in flight.

Does being a birder mean you went to dove shoots and hunted them?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com