OT - Something more interesting than politics.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

Default OT - Something more interesting than politics.

http://www.beertown.org/events/wbc/w...ners_2008.html
I use to claim beer was just another form of bread since it was
basically wheat or some other grain. Now you can get fruits and
vegatables as well.
I hope they keep this stuff in Japan.
Iwate Kura Beer Oyster Stout - B
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-04-22, BJ Conner wrote:
http://www.beertown.org/events/wbc/w...ners_2008.html
I use to claim beer was just another form of bread since it was
basically wheat or some other grain. Now you can get fruits and
vegatables as well.
I hope they keep this stuff in Japan.
Iwate Kura Beer Oyster Stout - B

Any brewing competition that gives Steel Reserve and Milwaukee Light a gold
medal has a lotta gall calling itself the most prstigious beer competition
in the world. I wouldn't drink that swill at gunpoint.

As for the fruit/veggie brewers, they're hacks. A well brewed beer can
taste like a varied array of fruits simply by using proper yeast and hops.
I've tasted everything from grapefruit and lemon to apricot and carmelized
peach in well crafted beers. Pumpkin beer does not have pumpkin in it. It
has pumpkin pie spices to give the illusion of pumpkin. Besides, if I want
a veggie or fruit, I'll eat a veggie or fruit. I want my beer to taste like
beer.

nb
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Besides, if I want a veggie or fruit, I'll eat a veggie or fruit. *

What you do behind closed doors is up to you, please don't inflict it
on us.

Frank Reid
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Apr 22, 11:02 am, notbob wrote:
On 2008-04-22, BJ Conner wrote:

[...]

Pumpkin beer does, indeed, have pumpkin in it. It's very important to
get pumpkin that has no preservitives but most canned pumpkin is fine,
and, fermentable!

To Wit (pun intended)

http://www.thebrewsite.com/2004/10/1...ale_recipe.php

(this guy is a purist and doesn't used canned...)

Your pal,

TBone
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On 2008-04-22, BJ Conner wrote:

[...]

The #1 rating goes to the best in class for a given style. The
Milwaukee Light probably won the Gold medal for beer in the "tasteless
****" category, eeeking out a victory over Coors light and Buckhorn.

Your pal,

TBone
Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Derek

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
http://www.beertown.org/events/wbc/w...ners_2008.html
I use to claim beer was just another form of bread since it was
basically wheat or some other grain. Now you can get fruits and
vegatables as well.
I hope they keep this stuff in Japan.
Iwate Kura Beer Oyster Stout - B

Best left alone IMO I don't want fish in my glass.If you get the chance of
visiting a British Beer festival do it. I promise you will not be
disappointed at the variety of ale on offer and not a hint of fish in any of
them and despite rumours it is not served warm :-)
http://www.camra.org.uk/

Derek