PING-PING-PING- Frank...

Old April 15th, 2009, 06:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default PING-PING-PING- Frank...

I've found a thing for you.

It's good community service, uses power tools in a way so as to make, um, mayhem
possible, and yet, it is fairly safe (well, depending on the temperament of
those in the vicinity, anyhoo....). You ought to come down to the Gulf Coast
and/or NO and teach volunteers how to spray drywall texture...especially the
decent young kids who gave up spring break to come down here and help.

Suffice it to say, two 16-year-olds, both with big hearts and _absolutely_ no
mechanical skills or inclination, one manning a mixer full of drywall mud and
the other armed with a texture sprayer with what seemed to be an neverending
supply of the aforementioned drywall mud is...is...is...well....if you can
believe it, words ****ing fail me....smooth plaster finish, yep, know it and can
do it, orange peel texture, yep, knockdown, yep, bearpaw, gotcha covered, you
name it, I thought I knew it...nope...let's just say "spatter" doesn't even
BEGIN to - even with Ken _AND_ Dave (all both of 'em) twisting the language -
describe the, um, "process" I had fully demonstrated for, to, and upon my person
today...

Hell, I wouldn't have believed it was possible to make 12,714 pounds of mess
with only a relative few pounds of all-purpose mud and a water supply...and I've
thanked every God I've ever heard of that someone had the foresight to order 90
minute rather than 20 minute setup mix...on the downside, there will soon be
back in Indiana several sweet, decent young kids who are trying to figure out
what exactly some of those words mean...and who is Isis and why is he or she
trying commit all of those immoral acts and mortal sins upon those poor goats...

Finally relatively un-mudded,
....and trust me or don't, it is, in the long run, cheaper and easier to get a
wheelbarrow and a shovel and just tear out and replace all the sheetrock and
start over...that, and "LET GO OF THE TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" doesn't seem
to be a phrase that teenagers understand...even repeatedly, with a few, um,
less-wholesome additions...
Old April 15th, 2009, 02:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

...or maybe "Flip This Host" would be a better title...

This Old Souse?
Frank Reid

Old April 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 06:21:42 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

...or maybe "Flip This Host" would be a better title...

This Old Souse?
Frank Reid

Ah...so add Larry King to the cast...gotcha...

TC,
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
...or maybe "Flip This Host" would be a better title...

This Old Souse?
Frank Reid

You mispeld "spouse."

Opie

Old April 16th, 2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Guyz-N-Flyz" wrote in message

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
...or maybe "Flip This Host" would be a better title...

This Old Souse?
Frank Reid

You mispeld "spouse."

Opie