Hydration Packs

Old March 30th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Hooked

Default Hydration Packs

"flyline" wrote in message
ink.net...
How about $7.95 for a Platypus hydration bag? See
http://www.mountainsports.com/mssear...&Detail=087072

Since I can't see what type of seal that bag has, I'll pass. The Orvis
reservoir had a Ziploc seal. Like those can really be trusted to hold water.
A guy at work was mentioning the Platypus bags today. I think he said that
they have that same goofy Ziploc seal. No thanks. The Camelbak has a screw
on type seal, which I think is less likely to leak.

If that Platypus bag has a Ziploc seal, I guess you get what you pay for.
Hope ya don't get all wet.

Old March 30th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 06:31:32 GMT, "Hooked" wrote:

If that Platypus bag has a Ziploc seal, I guess you get what you pay for.
Hope ya don't get all wet.

Camelbaks have closed cell insulation that you won't get with a Ziploc
freezer bag in your fly vest. It's not like a cooler or anything, but
with a few ice cubes it will keep your water cool for a decent amount
of time. Sometimes I fill the reservoir and freeze it for real hot
days and the insulation makes it comfortable to wear. FWIW
--
Charlie...
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:47 AM
Hooked

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
news

Camelbaks have closed cell insulation that you won't get with a Ziploc
freezer bag in your fly vest. It's not like a cooler or anything, but
with a few ice cubes it will keep your water cool for a decent amount
of time. Sometimes I fill the reservoir and freeze it for real hot
days and the insulation makes it comfortable to wear. FWIW

Have you ever had a problem with leakage using that Camelbak?

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:09 AM
Charlie Choc

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:47:05 GMT, "Hooked" wrote:

Have you ever had a problem with leakage using that Camelbak?

No, nor have my sons with theirs.
--
Charlie...