Thanks for the Flies

Old February 18th, 2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Thanks for the Flies

Dave M! The flies are beautiful. Small midge pupae, cool leeches, and
perfect parachute adams in the tiny sizes. Lots of the really small
midge patterns that we use around here originated in Colorado and your
flies are great. Hopefully they'll make it to the next San Juan Clave.

Thank You. bruce h

The parachute adams don't stand a chance!

Old February 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"bruiser" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dave M! The flies are beautiful. Small midge pupae, cool leeches, and
perfect parachute adams in the tiny sizes. Lots of the really small
midge patterns that we use around here originated in Colorado and your
flies are great. Hopefully they'll make it to the next San Juan Clave.
Thank You. bruce h
The parachute adams don't stand a chance!

Hi B,
Heh . ..heh . ..I was only a month late.
I spect' they will catch a few fish.
One thing I suggest. I did the Parachute Adams late at night while watching
TV. When using calf body hair I head cement the base of the parachute
wing. I can't remember doing that for these flies. It seems important
when I use calf body hair because it seems a bit slippery for the parachute
patterns. . . kinda my reason for going to synthetics more. Cement them
before you use them. Have fun.
Best Wishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver
( have reservations at an RV place at the Western Clave this year, with a
guy who has the RV. . . July 8-15. Usually this stuff doesn't work out . .
.. but heck . . . there is a chance, I might meet a Roffian. . . . lurking
here a long time . . .just haven't met the endangered species)

Old February 19th, 2006, 01:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message
Dave Mohnsen wrote:

( have reservations at an RV place at the Western Clave this year, with a
guy who has the RV. . . July 8-15. Usually this stuff doesn't work out
. . . but heck . . . there is a chance, I might meet a Roffian. . . .
lurking here a long time . . .just haven't met the endangered species)

Jeff wrote:
where will you be? if you're within a montana drive, i can assure that
you will suffer some time with a few of us.
jeff

Hi Jeff,
Apparently I'll be in quite close proximity to the Slide Inn. Heh . . .heh
.. . .I don't do the planning and make reservations much . . .but have "some"
folks who let me wander along to places.
Apparently they like me to say stuff like "throw that there fly in the water
over that way ". Heck, even I can get a fishing fly get close to the water
.. . . sometimes.
BestWishes,
DaveMohnsen
Denver
(fondly remember some big fish on tiny flies on Slough Creek, a couple
meadows up, and some amazingly colorful brookies at . . .mumble . . .mumble
.. . .other places)