What this place needs is an enema. . .

Old August 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

Default What this place needs is an enema. . .

.. . .so I'm announcing the umpteenth annual Dog Days Fly Swap (DDFS). Those
of you who have participated before know the drill - if ten people join you
tie ten of one fly pattern and send them to moi. We'll cap the number at 25,
though that hasn't been reached in a few years, usually ending up at 15 or
so. In return, you get back 10 to 25 extremely good flies for the crappy
ones you submitted (well, that's how it works in my case.) Those on ROFF and
ROFFT need only reply here and I'll add you to the list. I'll email past
DDFS swappers and let them know we're starting. We'll end the signup period
on 8/31 and have the deadline for getting your flies to me of 8/22. After I
get and sort all of them, I'll turn them around and get them back into your
hot little hands. What say ye, swappers?
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 15th, 2008, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Tim J. wrote:

... We'll end the signup period
on 8/31 and have the deadline for getting your flies to me of 8/22. ...

If you don't get my flies on time you can safely assume
I won't sign up. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tim J. wrote:

... We'll end the signup period
on 8/31 and have the deadline for getting your flies to me of 8/22.

If you don't get my flies on time you can safely assume
I won't sign up. ;-)

Ken has a point, besides the one on his head, I mean. But logic was never my
strong suit. ;-)

Since I'll be out of town the entire week of 9/14, let's make the delivery
date Friday 9/26.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
riverman

On Aug 15, 10:54*am, "Tim J."
wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tim J. wrote:

... We'll end the signup period
on 8/31 and have the deadline for getting your flies to me of 8/22.

If you don't get my flies on time you can safely assume
I won't sign up. ;-)

Ken has a point, besides the one on his head, I mean. But logic was never my
strong suit. *;-)

Since I'll be out of town the entire week of 9/14, let's make the delivery
date Friday 9/26.
--
TL,
Tim
-------------------------http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Is there a theme....like "flies that use up the most old material
lying around" or "big, simple flies for big, simple tyers" or "flies
with the letter 'e' in the name" or something?

--riverman
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

riverman typed:
On Aug 15, 10:54 am, "Tim J."
wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tim J. wrote:

... We'll end the signup period
on 8/31 and have the deadline for getting your flies to me of 8/22.

If you don't get my flies on time you can safely assume
I won't sign up. ;-)

Ken has a point, besides the one on his head, I mean. But logic was never
my
strong suit. ;-)

Since I'll be out of town the entire week of 9/14, let's make the
delivery
date Friday 9/26.

Is there a theme....like "flies that use up the most old material
lying around" or "big, simple flies for big, simple tyers" or "flies
with the letter 'e' in the name" or something?

NAHAY? ;-)

The theme is flies you would use in the dog-days of summer. Foam flies, big
furry flies, poppers, etc. You can look through so previous DDFS he
http://gula.org/roffswaps/index.php

Really, just about anything goes.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 15th, 2008, 02:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Daniel-San

"Tim J." wrote ...
. . .so I'm announcing the umpteenth annual Dog Days Fly Swap (DDFS).

What say ye, swappers?
--

Sure. Who couldn't use another crappy fly from me?

-Dan

Old August 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

Daniel-San typed:
"Tim J." wrote ...
. . .so I'm announcing the umpteenth annual Dog Days Fly Swap (DDFS).

What say ye, swappers?

Sure. Who couldn't use another crappy fly from me?

Excellent. That makes four so far. . .
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 15th, 2008, 10:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tom Littleton

count me in. I have a new design for mayflies and will have 25 sulfur duns
in your hands asap.
Tom

Old August 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim J.

Tom Littleton typed:
count me in. I have a new design for mayflies and will have 25 sulfur duns
in your hands asap.
Tom

Gotcha, Tom.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 15th, 2008, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
count me in. I have a new design for mayflies and will have 25 sulfur duns
in your hands asap.
Tom

Don't wear yourself out tyin' a bunch of freebies for a bunch of ingrates,
you know you're gonna be tyin' 12 beauties for yours truly, after the game
on Aug. 30!

Op --Go Appstate--