Finally !

Old June 13th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Joshuall

Default Finally !

Saturday morning I took my son and a friend out for a half day on the Cal
River/Lake Mich. (classic disaster site) and we smacked em. We had several
fish in the 3-4 range and from the locks all the way up to the big pond
where the quality is usually better. In less than three hours of fishing we
had 20 nice fish. I had two 3 lb + fish, but the fish of the day was lost
at the boat when our friend Clint tried to lift her into the boat on 6 lb.
test. (I think I forgot to tell this beginner it was 6lb. test g.) He lost
a nice 4 lb. plus fish. We caught several fish deep in the channels counting
down tube jigs into 10-15 ft. of water. Most however came off of weed beds.
Any place there were weeds there were fish. Great morning, but had to end
short since we all had afternoon engagements. It's been a very slow spring
here so the agressive fish were a nice late spring welcome.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old June 13th, 2005, 08:06 PM
go-bassn

Way to go Bear! Sounds like a blast. WQere those largemouths or smallies?
Smallies I'll bet? Have you ever tried dragging tubes?

warren

Old June 13th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Joshuall

One large and all smallies above the locks. Nope I've never tried dragging a
tube? Is there something about that on your site?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old June 13th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Chris Rennert

Joshuall wrote:
One large and all smallies above the locks. Nope I've never tried dragging a
tube? Is there something about that on your site?

Joshuall, nothing better when you are pre-fishing. Especially when you
are alone. Dragging a tube is just that, drop a tube over the side or
cast it out a bit and let it drag across the bottom. I took my wife out
a little while back, and she didn't want to fish, just read a book. SO
i put a rod back by her with a tube on it dragging, including shorts, we
landed 20 fish on the dragging tube.

Now whenever I am covering a large area I drag a tube (on Warrens
suggestion) while I am casting another bait.

Chris
Old June 13th, 2005, 10:10 PM
go-bassn

Nice! You can read about draggin he

http://www.fishontario.com/articles/...ng-for-bronze/

Warren

Old June 13th, 2005, 11:25 PM

Warren....Thanks for the information on the tubes. Never heard of that
system before, will have to try that on the smallies out here. Good
bassin' to ya'..

sket

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:11 AM
gobassn

Good luck sket, you're welcome. I learned the technique on Lake erie, and
have used it effectively everywhere I've tried it.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com
Http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Joshuall

Thanks guys. . . gonna give this a try next time I hit lake Mich. for sure.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old June 16th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Chris Rennert

"Joshuall" wrote in message

One large and all smallies above the locks. Nope I've never tried dragging

tube? Is there something about that on your site?

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

That article is right on, only thing I do different is the color
choices. I use a lot of black/multi flake, and Green Pumpkin. Those
are my primaries. Smallies and Walleye I have been catching on tubes
have been puking up 2" crayfish that are actually very dark brown,
almost black with a very little orange and green. I have ran side by
side almost with a pearl and a black/multi flake tube and have just
outfished the pearl by a large margin. But I believe that is specific
to my waters.

If you are a tournament fisherman, then this is a great way to prefish.
Keep a tube over the side with one rod and fish another bait on
another. If I catch a bigger smallie I drop in a marker buoy and work
the area thoroughly to see if I can eek out a couple more in similar
size. that has paid off a few times.

Chris