TR:Hell

Old October 28th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Danl

Default TR:Hell

The short story: Fire came to eat us and our house at 2:15 Sunday morning.
Fortunately for us, it didn't quite succeed. Our family and house are fine
and dandy, albeit well smoked. A small amount of fire damage to the porch,
but nothing that can't be repaired. We are so much luckier than most in our
neck of the woods. I'll be off the air for a while until utilities are
reinstated in our neighborhood. But before I sign off, I would like to thank
all the well-wishers for your thoughts and prayers. BMIA to those that put
no stock in such things.

Danl
You might take a minute to fumble your beads, kiss your rug, or whatever you
chose to do along those lines for the rest of the folks in the area are that
aren't enjoying the good luck that my family has.

Old October 28th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:43:55 -0800, "Danl"
wrote:

The short story: Fire came to eat us and our house at 2:15 Sunday morning.
Fortunately for us, it didn't quite succeed.

Good news, Danl.
--
Charlie...
Old October 28th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Tim J.

"Danl" wrote in message
The short story: Fire came to eat us and our house at 2:15 Sunday morning.
Fortunately for us, it didn't quite succeed. Our family and house are fine
and dandy, albeit well smoked. A small amount of fire damage to the porch,
but nothing that can't be repaired. We are so much luckier than most in our
neck of the woods. I'll be off the air for a while until utilities are
reinstated in our neighborhood. But before I sign off, I would like to thank
all the well-wishers for your thoughts and prayers. BMIA to those that put
no stock in such things.

Danl
You might take a minute to fumble your beads, kiss your rug, or whatever you
chose to do along those lines for the rest of the folks in the area are that
aren't enjoying the good luck that my family has.

Good to see you are well, Danl. My family out that way have some wonderful tales
about helpful neighbors and the professionals who put themselves in harm's way
to save civilians. In particular, my brother-in-law says that hundreds of
evacuees, including himself, his wife, and two small children, would have been
burnt to death in their cars fleeing for safety had it not been for some fancy
helicopter work, both dropping retardant and using the wind from their blades to
ward off the flames. He says that often it looked as though the 'copters were
going to be consumed by flames in the process.

Hats off, and prayers on!
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:31 PM
David Snedeker

Hang in there Danl

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Wayne Harrison

"David Snedeker" wrote in message
Hang in there Danl
Dave

yep, thank god for the safety of you and yours, from all your friends

in the old north state (hurricane disaster central).

Old October 28th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Bill Mason

"Danl" wrote in message
The short story: Fire came to eat us and our house at 2:15 Sunday morning.
Fortunately for us, it didn't quite succeed. Our family and house are fine
and dandy...

Very glad to hear that you made it through the nightmare. Between the huge
column of smoke I saw above your neighborhood and the 24 hour news footage,
I was more than a little concerned. Your neighbors and all of these fires'
victims are, of course, in my thoughts.

Bill

Old October 28th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Tom Littleton

Hang in there, Danl, glad to hear you and yours are safe!
Tom
Old October 28th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Scott Seidman

"Danl" wrote in
:

The short story: Fire came to eat us and our house at 2:15 Sunday
morning. Fortunately for us, it didn't quite succeed. Our family and
house are fine and dandy, albeit well smoked. A small amount of fire
damage to the porch, but nothing that can't be repaired. We are so
much luckier than most in our neck of the woods. I'll be off the air
for a while until utilities are reinstated in our neighborhood. But
before I sign off, I would like to thank all the well-wishers for your
thoughts and prayers. BMIA to those that put no stock in such things.

Danl
You might take a minute to fumble your beads, kiss your rug, or
whatever you chose to do along those lines for the rest of the folks
in the area are that aren't enjoying the good luck that my family has.

Great to hear of your good fortune, or at least lack of devastation.

Scott
Old October 28th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Dave LaCourse

Glad you and Cindy are ok. The house can be repaired. Do you know how many D.
or Daniel Finns there are in California? Too many! d;o) You two take care.

Old October 28th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Tim J.

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:01:56 -0500, "Tim J."
wrote:

Good to see you are well, Danl. My family out that way have some wonderful

tales
about helpful neighbors and the professionals who put themselves in harm's

way
to save civilians. In particular, my brother-in-law says that hundreds of
evacuees, including himself, his wife, and two small children, would have

been
burnt to death in their cars fleeing for safety had it not been for some

fancy
helicopter work, both dropping retardant and using the wind from their blades

ward off the flames. He says that often it looked as though the 'copters were
going to be consumed by flames in the process.

That sounds like scenes from some of the Vietnam war
movies. It had to be horrendous with the children in the
car.

Oddly enough, the kids were the bravest of the bunch. Ahhhh, to be young, naive,
and innocent again, eh?
--
TL,
Tim