Lake Seminole

Old February 10th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Da Chief

Default Lake Seminole

After much confusion and aggravation (with my ISP) I am now able to get
newsgroups again. Oh how I have missed rofb!! Having said that, I would like
to poll all those rofb'ers who've fished Seminole (south Ga). What is/was
your most favorite and successful lure on Seminole? I've never been there.

--
Da Chief,
All outgoing mailed scanned by

Old February 10th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Bass_Mr.

Welcome back Chief! When are you going to Seminole? I have fished it in Feb.
a few times and had good luck with C-rigged lizards.
The first time we went there we hired a guide out of Wingates and that was
the pattern.We went back the next year and the same thing produced.Also try
a crankbait along the secondary pionts that have grass on them.

Old February 10th, 2005, 07:56 PM
IMKen

I have a place on the shore of Lake Seminole just a few streets over from
Wingate's. Seminole is a tough lake to fish anytime except spring. Some
big bass but they are hard to get to. I have caught lots of small fish but
no large ones though I have seen a couple. For the size of the lake it
seems to have very few bass. I'm told they are there bur schooled up and
only near shad bait fish. I recently spent Sept 04 to Jan 05 and found
fishing poor except at the end of Sept. had lots of fishless days during
Nov. and Dec. If you like fishing thick nearly un-navigatable weed beds
then Seminole is for you, it has 39000 acres of weeds.

There are a few people around that consistently take good catches but they
are few. The recent BFL 3 day tournament was won with 36 lbs total for the
3 days. Some Pros came in multiple times fishless. To me that was
discouraging.

Old February 10th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Da Chief" wrote in message
I've taken a leap of faith (actually more like I fell and hit my head) and
signed up for the BASS tournament series as a nonboater. I will be fishing
Seminole Feb 27th from the backend of a pro's boat. Lord I hope the guy is
patient and understanding.

I hope that he is patient and understanding too. It makes it much more
enjoyable for everyone in the boat. But remember that this is a business
for him and it won't be like a day fishing with a buddy.

If nothing else, take note of his tackle selection, techniques and the
locational elements he chooses to fish. The potential education that you
could get will be worth it.

Good luck and have fun,
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 10th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Bass_Mr.

Thats great Chief! Just go out there with the idea of having a good time and
a LEARNING experience.Whatever the outcome,you will never forget your day
with a pro.
A friend of mine fished there with Gary Klein a couple of years ago.He felt
like he was pretty much invisible on the back of the boat and there was no
"buddy-buddy camaraderie",but like Steve said,"it's a business" for the pro.
Just do your best and have fun,I hope you win the amateur division,get a
new boat,and your name in Bassmaster.Now that would be cool!

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old February 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
RichZ

Da Chief wrote:
After much confusion and aggravation (with my ISP) I am now able to get
newsgroups again. Oh how I have missed rofb!! Having said that, I would like
to poll all those rofb'ers who've fished Seminole (south Ga). What is/was
your most favorite and successful lure on Seminole? I've never been there.

Made the pilgrimage and fished it for two days in March '98. Caught the
vast majority of my fish from the edges of emergent vegetation
(arrowheads and some pads) and off laydowns (especially those adjacent
to emergent vegetation) on a big single spin. Either 3/4 or 1 oz, ratty
old chartreuse and blue rubber skirt and a single, copper Colorado blade
about the size of a hubcap. Didn't boat anything over about 4-1/2
pounds, but did have one behemoth hooked for about 5 seconds.

Also caught a few pitching a T-rigged plastic craw to stumps along one
stretch of bank in the first big bay on the north side after you enter
the Flint River arm, down near the dam.
Old February 11th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Ronnie Garrison

Da Chief wrote:
After much confusion and aggravation (with my ISP) I am now able to get
newsgroups again. Oh how I have missed rofb!! Having said that, I would like
to poll all those rofb'ers who've fished Seminole (south Ga). What is/was
your most favorite and successful lure on Seminole? I've never been there.

Guy in my club, Roger Morrow, placed second in the BFL there last
Saturday with a Finesse worm dropshotted in the standing timber in
Spring Creek. Same guy had big fish and 20th place last year in the same
tournament with an 8 pounder that hit a rattle trap.

Right now a trap around the hydrilla is hard to beat - and it works
right on up thru April.
Old February 11th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Ronnie Garrison

IMKen wrote:

The recent BFL 3 day tournament was won with 36 lbs total for the
3 days. Some Pros came in multiple times fishless. To me that was
discouraging.

I'm not familiar with the three day BFL tournaments - what were the
dates? Was it an Everstart, maybe? Or FLW?