MTC: The results are in!

Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default MTC: The results are in!

The Southern Classic was a HUGE success with a good number of fish caught.
The Average weight per fish was a little over two and a half pounds.

The Palisades Resort, along with the owners, was a very wonderful place to
host a tournament. We had slips for the boats and never worried about
locking our doors at night, or while we were out fishing. Steve, the guy
that runs the place was always very friendly and willing to do whatever it
took to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. The place was so well
stocked, that we really didn't need to ask for anything.

Lake Barkley gave up some nice fish for all of us during the days before the
tournament, even with the bluebird skies and lack of wind. Below though, is
the final results of the 2006 Southern Classic.

Friday:

FIrst Place Team: Charles Summers and Jerry Barton with three fish weighing
11.98lbs.
Second Place Team: Steve Huber and Rob Storm with four fish weighing
11.54lbs

Saturday:
First Place Team: Charles Summers and Terry Bryant with two fish weighing
6.67lbs
Second Place Team: Joe Haubenreich and Pat Gustafson with two fish weighing
4.83lbs

Big Fish: Charles Summers with 4.52lbs

Overall:

First Place: Charles Summers with a total of 15.07lbs
Second Place: Joe Haubenreich with a total of 13.10lbs
Smallest Legal Bass: Chris Schroeder with a single bass weight of 1.68lbs.

I'm getting the website updated to show everyones final results and to add
the million pictures that was taken, but it will take me a little while to
do that. Please visit: http://www.midtennclassic.org later to see the final
tallies.

Thanks Everyone!

Old April 24th, 2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Congratulations Charles! From my observations...everyone else was a
"winner" also! I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else made it home
safe too!

John

Old April 24th, 2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

GREAT JOB CHARLES BUDDY!! You may have learned the areas and some of
the lake from me (OH, and the AllTerrrain Tackle A.T. Bluegill color
jig I gave you to catch some of them) But, it's your ability to fish
that won you the tournament!! Although, I'm disappointed in how I
proformed..too many missed fish as usual; I'm very proud to see you
win!!

Glad to see everyone there; and that everyone caught fish and had an
awsome time. Can't wait untill the next one!

Thanks guys to the great time!!!

-Justin

Old April 24th, 2006, 06:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Congrats Charles, glad to see you get that win you've been looking for.
Wish I could have been there. Maybe I'll see you in September???

Heavy

Old April 25th, 2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

All Terrain Jigs is what done it for me... I think the color was Bluegill,
but it resembled more of a crawfish color to me. Then there was the Red Shad
Powerworms that didn't let me down. Everything was in about 10' of water.

.. .

Old April 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Hope to see you in Wisconsin this fall!

Heavy