Long TR ( short)

Old September 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default Long TR ( short)

I got home Friday after spending 122 days in Montahoming under the pretense
of fly fishing.

Highpoints of the 4 months include

1) I caught a few fish, here and there, and enjoyed the company of Eagles,
Otters, Ospreys, Bison, Moose, etc on a daily basis.

2) The weather remained delightfully cool the whole summer. Only 2 or 3
afternoons in Dillon during August were a bit warmer than really
comfortable, none were truly hot.

3) The "late" nature of the season forced me to be more observant and I
believe I learned a lot as a hatch hunting, hatch matching, specific visible
fish pursuing, angler, .... especially how much I don't really know, and how
often I don't know it.

4) I hit a few new to me events including the Brown Drakes on Silver Creek
and Mahogany Duns on the HFork to add to my been there done that list.

Old September 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Lazarus Cooke

Thanks. Best TR I've seen in a long while.

Summer has just come to Europe, too, in the last week. (I believe it's
ending tomorrow)

Wanted to go fishing for grayling on the Itchen today, but couldn't.

Old September 30th, 2008, 02:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

Larry L wrote:

I got home Friday after spending 122 days in Montahoming under the pretense
of fly fishing.

Highpoints of the 4 months include

1) I caught a few fish, here and there, and enjoyed the company of Eagles,
Otters, Ospreys, Bison, Moose, etc on a daily basis.

2) The weather remained delightfully cool the whole summer. Only 2 or 3
afternoons in Dillon during August were a bit warmer than really
comfortable, none were truly hot.

3) The "late" nature of the season forced me to be more observant and I
believe I learned a lot as a hatch hunting, hatch matching, specific visible
fish pursuing, angler, .... especially how much I don't really know, and how
often I don't know it.

4) I hit a few new to me events including the Brown Drakes on Silver Creek
and Mahogany Duns on the HFork to add to my been there done that list.

ok...you've offered a fine short report... now, please begin the long
version...122 installments covering each day's events will be fine.

good to have you back larry... any photos? g

jeff
Old September 30th, 2008, 02:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Steve Cain

On Sep 29, 3:00 pm, "Larry L" wrote:
I got home Friday after spending 122 days in Montahoming under the pretense
of fly fishing.

Highpoints of the 4 months include

1) I caught a few fish, here and there, and enjoyed the company of Eagles,
Otters, Ospreys, Bison, Moose, etc on a daily basis.

2) The weather remained delightfully cool the whole summer. Only 2 or 3
afternoons in Dillon during August were a bit warmer than really
comfortable, none were truly hot.

3) The "late" nature of the season forced me to be more observant and I
believe I learned a lot as a hatch hunting, hatch matching, specific visible
fish pursuing, angler, .... especially how much I don't really know, and how
often I don't know it.

4) I hit a few new to me events including the Brown Drakes on Silver Creek
and Mahogany Duns on the HFork to add to my been there done that list.

I'm envious that you've got months to spend fishing whilst I work. I
know that's because we're at different parts of our lives, and my turn
will come twenty-five years from now, but it doesn't make it any
easier to swallow. Please post pictures to rub it in. A nice movie
like you made two (three?) years ago would be just fine.

Steve
Old September 30th, 2008, 11:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"jeff miller" wrote

:
:
: ok...you've offered a fine short report... now, please begin the long
: version...122 installments covering each day's events will be fine.
:
: good to have you back larry... any photos? g
:

well, not 122, but here's a couple days and a typically preachy few
paragraphs about my favorite fishin' hole

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/displ...php?log_id=345

I investigated the finances of the "vanity publishing" which I had in mind
for some photos ... let's just say I'm not that vaing,
so I didn't take that many this year

here are a couple that I found quickly

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/photos/log343.jpg

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/photos/log328.jpg

Old October 1st, 2008, 03:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

Larry L wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote

:
:
: ok...you've offered a fine short report... now, please begin the long
: version...122 installments covering each day's events will be fine.
:
: good to have you back larry... any photos? g
:

well, not 122, but here's a couple days and a typically preachy few
paragraphs about my favorite fishin' hole

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/displ...php?log_id=345

I investigated the finances of the "vanity publishing" which I had in mind
for some photos ... let's just say I'm not that vaing,
so I didn't take that many this year

here are a couple that I found quickly

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/photos/log343.jpg

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/photos/log328.jpg

as always, a fun read and fine photos. that's a start larry...thanks!

jeff (more...please)
Old October 2nd, 2008, 05:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Larry L wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote

:
:
: ok...you've offered a fine short report... now, please begin the long
: version...122 installments covering each day's events will be fine.
:
: good to have you back larry... any photos? g
:

well, not 122, but here's a couple days and a typically preachy few
paragraphs about my favorite fishin' hole

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/displ...php?log_id=345

Dang nice, Larry.

Welcome back.

Russell