11th Day, 11th Hour

Old November 11th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Frank Reid

Default 11th Day, 11th Hour

On this day we celebrate the veterans of our military and honor their
sacrifices. There are those that decry the use of force, one nation against
another. I am one of them, for I believe that if we resort to force, there
have been failures of leadership. Conversely, I am glad that we have that
military as a last resort against despotism and evil.
The military, your military, whether US, UK, Congolese, or Russian, suffers
deprivation and pain in hopes that the civilian will not have to. So today,
put aside the differences of conservative and liberal, Red and Blue. Say
thanks to a veteran. Remember those who've gone before, making the ultimate
sacrifice and pray for a day when global will creates no more veterans.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 11th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Tim J.

Frank Reid wrote:
On this day we celebrate the veterans of our military and honor their
sacrifices. There are those that decry the use of force, one nation
against another. I am one of them, for I believe that if we resort
to force, there have been failures of leadership. Conversely, I am
glad that we have that military as a last resort against despotism
and evil.
The military, your military, whether US, UK, Congolese, or Russian,
suffers deprivation and pain in hopes that the civilian will not have
to. So today, put aside the differences of conservative and liberal,
Red and Blue. Say thanks to a veteran. Remember those who've gone
before, making the ultimate sacrifice and pray for a day when global
will creates no more veterans.

Nice, Frank. Amen.
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
George Adams

From: "Frank Reid"

On this day we celebrate the veterans of our military and honor their
sacrifices. There are those that decry the use of force, one nation against
another. I am one of them, for I believe that if we resort to force, there
have been failures of leadership. Conversely, I am glad that we have that
military as a last resort against despotism and evil.
The military, your military, whether US, UK, Congolese, or Russian, suffers
deprivation and pain in hopes that
the civilian will not have to. So today,
put aside the differences of conservative and liberal, Red and Blue. Say
thanks to a veteran. Remember those who've gone before, making the ultimate
sacrifice and pray for a day when global will creates no more
veterans.

Well said, Frank.

Thank you, and thanks to all the other veterans and active military here on
roff, and across the globe.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Old November 11th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Frank Reid

Nice Frank, but aren't we in a fly fishing newsgroup?

How very observant. And your point is?
http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~jcook/ROFF/offtopic.html
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 11th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Mark H. Bowen

"SmokedMeat" wrote in message
Nice Frank, but aren't we in a fly fishing newsgroup?

Are you implyin' that we should exclude all other topics of discussion?

Frank is right of course, except that two wrongs don't make a right, but
three lefts do.

Mark

Old November 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Ken Fortenberry

From: "Frank Reid"
On this day we celebrate the veterans of our military and honor their
sacrifices. snip

Well said, Frank.

Thank you, and thanks to all the other veterans and active military here on
roff, and across the globe.

Thanks to ALL the other veterans and active military ? Or just the ones
from the US of A ?

Leave it to the good old USA to turn Armistice Day, a worldwide
celebration of global peace, into something else entirely.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Dave LaCourse

I noticed that Google once again has shunned the veterans. They do other
holidays/rememberances, but refuse to recognize Veterans (Armistice) Day.

Old November 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Wayne Harrison

"SmokedMeat" wrote in message
Nice Frank, but aren't we in a fly fishing newsgroup?

we are, but you aren't.

wayno (it's really not very hard to understand)

Old November 11th, 2004, 03:09 PM
rw

Dave LaCourse wrote:
I noticed that Google once again has shunned the veterans. They do other
holidays/rememberances, but refuse to recognize Veterans (Armistice) Day.

Obviously part of the vast left-wing conspiracy.