Shame on Jimmy Houston/off topic except for him

Old February 23rd, 2006, 04:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Shame on Jimmy Houston/off topic except for him

Click on the Bellar Trial Video. Jimmy shooting penned deer. Pretty sad
http://www.real-hunters.com/

Joe Z.

Old February 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Well, this IS a BASS Fishing Group, but I"ll bite on this one and enter my
..02...

It's just wrong, and should not be condoned by anyone. Where's the thrill
of the chase? No more looking for game trails, checking the depth of tracks
to determine the size, tracking where the deer go, and why they go to
certain area's, what's the draw?... Why even dress in camo's and use
anti-scent?
It can't even be considered hunting in my book and many others books.

To me personally, a big part of the thrill is preparing, scouting, and
executing your plan over time and see if your work will pay off. In
actuality, a large part of deer hunting for me is just the fact that I'm
outside enjoying nature, and the deer are merely a bonus. Same with
fishing. Our natural resources are being manipulated for profit and are
being raped and stripped. These people aren't conservation minded at all,
just profit driven with no regard but for themselves. Shameful and
unethical....

I live in Indiana btw, and it makes me ashamed of our state and local
governments that they allow this activity to happen. There is only one
situation that I find "okay" in Indiana, and that's "Big Oaks Military
Nature Preserve". It's 17 miles long and 7 miles wide and they only open it
to the public on a very limited basis and is run by the DNR. It's an old
Military weapons testing ground.

The hunts there are strictly for the management of the deer herd so that
they do NOT have disease problems and over-population since it IS a fenced
area, all 110 square miles of it!

Jimmy Houston's a punk

Doug

..