Denver Fly Show

Old December 31st, 2008, 10:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Default Denver Fly Show

Mentioned to my bride today that the Denver Fly Show happens next
weekend. She told (without me asking) that I should go and take a mid-
Winter break (weather depending).
Anyone else going?
Frank Reid
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

I have never been....whats it like?....I am about
40min drive from downtown Denver......

Old January 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

I have never been....whats it like?....I am about
40min drive from downtown Denver......

Well, its the biggest, non-vendor (i.e. not for the commercial buyers)
fly show in the US. Tons of classes and seminars to go to for the
price of admission. I've been to a couple of the east coast versions
and really enjoyed myself.
The deals that can be had on the expo floor are outstanding. I've
bought a dozen deer hair poppers and frogs for 5 bucks. I can't tie
them for that much. One half to two thirds off on rods and reels.
Great tyers surround the floor and you can easily talk to them and
learn new techniques. It closes early enough to enjoy a micro-brew or
two for the evening.
Frank Reid