Joan Wulff Video

Old March 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

Default Joan Wulff Video

http://www.midcurrent.com/video/clip...ics_intro.aspx

TL
MC
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

On Mar 21, 7:48 am, Mike wrote:
http://www.midcurrent.com/video/clip...ics_intro.aspx

TL
MC

I guess she was *snicker* quite a "catch" for Lee.

ok ok ... I'm sorry for the pun, but you know SOMEONE had to say it.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dennis[_5_]

that was a great video, did'nt they have a place up in Vermont

--
Dennis
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
askel

On Mar 21, 7:48 am, Mike wrote:
http://www.midcurrent.com/video/clip...ics_intro.aspx

TL
MC

I bought that "Dynamics of fly casting by J.Wulff" DVD about an year
ago. With all due respect, it didn't provide any useful information.
In my opinion it doesn't worth 10% of money I spent. I watched it once
and I couldn't remember any tip or good advice. It seems like ol' time
commercial.

Cheers
Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-03-23, askel wrote:

I bought that "Dynamics of fly casting by J.Wulff" DVD about an year
ago. With all due respect, it didn't provide any useful information.

I'd like to find a good video on fish behavior. I saw one about 8 yrs ago
when I was then considering taking up flyfishing. Great video. Lots of
underwater shots of fish lying in wait on the downstream side of boulders or
waiting in pockets just out of the current so as not to waste energy. Great
info on how to present to these fish.

I've tried to find something at the two local libraries, but no luck. They
both have only one vid each, rather strange in an area that is a major fly
fishing destination in the Summer. Hmmm.... maybe that's why. Don't want
any competition for the guides and shops, of which there are many. I just
found out the local college even has a 10 wk course on becoming a fly
fishing guide. I think I'll look into it.

Any good fish or bug vids you can recommend?

nb
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Mar 23, 6:41 pm, notbob wrote:

Any good fish or bug vids you can recommend?

nb

This is probably about the best "bug" site for you;

http://www.troutnut.com/

Donīt know of any videos I would recommend.

TL
MC

Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

This search will give you quite a few good hits on reading water;

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rea...GGL_en___DE230

TL
MC

Old March 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Caddisman[_5_]

Cool film -Thanks

--
Caddisman

Presentation-Presentation-Presentation
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-03-23, Mike wrote:

This is probably about the best "bug" site for you;

http://www.troutnut.com/

Very nice. Thnx, Mike.

nb
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-03-23, Mike wrote:
This search will give you quite a few good hits on reading water;

I took back the lame local hatch video and found the library had an
excellent selection of books. I got four, including the Orvis Reading the
Water and the Fly Fisherman's Primer by Fling/Puterbaugh and another F/P
book. The FFP has good info on reading a stream and how to cast to it.
It's also unique for me, as Don Puterbaugh lives nearby and guides on my
river. I can even hire him to teach me through a local fly shop. Jinkies!

nb