Game Warden Where do You Find One

Old March 24th, 2008, 03:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dennis[_9_]

Default Game Warden Where do You Find One

I don't want to be harsh when speaking about spin fisherman, that is
where most of us started out , but I must say last year while fishing
the whole day on the flatbrook (fly stretch) I had seen a guy (a local)
with his 2 friends and 3 little kids (6 people) limit out within an hour
they left and then about 35 to 40 min later i see their truck pull up
again they get back on the water and limit out, stringers draging all
over the place looking so, so proud of their catch and pack up. I
ignored it just based on the fact that I was with 4 other guys from
North Jersey who would have liked nothing more than to get in an
argument so I kept my mouth shut..... I did'nt want to see any problems
get started on account of any of the comments I wanted to make. So We
ate lunch and got back to fishing about 3 hours before dark the guy
comes back with his friend, this time no kids, again I did'nt want to
start any trouble, I mean I am basically in this guys back yard this is
where he lives I am just a guest on the weekends and a few select days
during the week, so I finally could not take it any more I had to say
something I waited until my friend had walked down stream to avoid a
problem and asked the guy how many fish he caught today he openly told
me that he filled up his freezer with 100+ trout over the past few
days, I think I turned purple. So again I did'nt want to make any prob
so I just told him that's wow great and walked away and called the NJ
fish and game to see if they could get a game warden over to the
location, well I stuck around for another 2-3 hours and no game warden
ever showed so I would like to see if anyone has a better contact
number for situations like this one!-- google_ad_section_end --
[image:
http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti.../progress.gif]

--
Dennis
Old March 24th, 2008, 04:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:19:56 -0400, Dennis
wrote:

[...]

Well, a couple of thoughts - one, why didn't you want to "confront" the
guy about it all? IOW, if you're so outraged, put your ass where you
wanted the game warden to put his. That said, did you bother to get the
guy's car tag info, etc.? In most states, a game warden can waltz right
in without warrant or prior announcement and search for
illegally-obtained game. If they had a plate number, VIN, brake
tag/inspection number, etc., they have a chance to track the law-breaker
down. Lastly, many, if not most states have a game violation hotline.
Whether NJ has one or not is something I'll leave you to discover.
All-in-all, your story reminds me of yet another reason I'm glad I don't
have to live in NJ...

HTH,
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 23-Mar-2008, Dennis wrote:

[...]

If
If

I lived in NJ
I would just shoot the homkie

Fred

PS I am not telling you to do this
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

On Mar 24, 1:38 am, wrote:
On 23-Mar-2008, Dennis wrote:

[...]

I can see where you are coming from, its tough to confront a poacher
right up front. Quite a few of the backwoods guys are quick to throw a
fist.
Here in Maine there is a program called operation game thief.

If you can just write down the lic. plate number, call the warden
service with the info you saw, the tag number, and what you witnessed
with your info, you can let them deal with the situation.
The wardens are trained for that sort of thing, and can usually end it
a lot more peacefully than a confrontation right on the river.

The wardens can be quite busy, but with all the right info called in,
they will sually find SOMEONE to get in touch with ou shortly. They
may not nab the guy for a day or two, but they will deal with the
issue. I'm sure N.J. has a similar sort of set up.

Heres the NJ link for operation game thief:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ogt.htm

Lloyd M
http://www.mainetackle.com
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dennis[_10_]

http://tinyurl.com/34e29f

Well, a couple of thoughts - one, why didn't you want to "confront" the
guy about it all? IOW, if you're so outraged, put your ass where you
wanted the game warden to put his. That said, did you bother to get the
guy's car tag info, etc.? In most states, a game warden can waltz right
in without warrant or prior announcement and search for
illegally-obtained game. If they had a plate number, VIN, brake
tag/inspection number, etc., they have a chance to track the
law-breaker
down. Lastly, many, if not most states have a game violation hotline.
Whether NJ has one or not is something I'll leave you to discover.
All-in-all, your story reminds me of yet another reason I'm glad I
don't
have to live in NJ...

HTH,

Only reason did not confront was I was with a few of my friends who are
always looking for an argument and I didnt want to get that whole thing
started, you wright though schould have gotten the Lic plate , but
did'nt think that they would do anythig about it so I now know for next
time

--
Dennis