Sending out free flies

Old December 4th, 2007, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

Default Sending out free flies

I promise I won't do this much, or at all again if anyone protests,
because I know plugging a personal business outside of a tag line is
just bad netiquette.

But I just wanted to let this group have first dibs as a way of saying
thanks for everyones help and advice before we run out of flies to
hand out.

I am not cross posting this message, and I am really sincere about my
thanks to everyone here. I would prefer to see these flies go to folks
like you all who will actually use them, and maybe email a little
feedback on what you think of them as well.

It was suggested to me that we try to get an idea of what our web
customers are looking for and how they use our site to better serve
them, and help our sales.... I honestly dont recall if was someone in
this group or the web marketing group who made the suggestion, I just
printed the text of the conversation.

So I put together a small survey - secure form mail page where folks
could just answer a few questions about how they fish and for what,
and what the site should have etc... and we will mail you a free fly
as a sample when you are done.

The link is below. Thanks again everyone.... Its snowing here in
Maine, here comes ice fishing season!

Lloyd M
http://www.mainetackle.com
Old December 8th, 2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob La Londe

Ok... what is it? Not being an avid fly fisher, I have no clue what kind
of fly it is. Doesn't have the wide wings of the usualy dry, but seems a
bit on the short side for a streamer.