Free rice

Old December 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default Free rice

Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and improve
their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need it!

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Snopes says it's legit:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp

Wolfgang

Old December 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Dec 4, 4:24 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and improve
their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need it!

I've been there & tried it. The first few words got my confidence up
before my apparent illiteracy was sadly revealed.

I also subscribe to A.Word.A.Day (http://wordsmith.org/awad/
subscribe.html). It's a fun (& free) daily word with derivations &
examples, not that my results on FreeRice are any testament.
Interesting, and easily worth the price, though.

Joe F.
Old December 4th, 2007, 10:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Dec 4, 3:24 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and improve
their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need it!

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Snopes says it's legit:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp

Wolfgang

I only got to level 46. 1080 grains in about 2 minutes.
Frank Reid
Old December 4th, 2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

rb608 typed:
On Dec 4, 4:24 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and
improve their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need
it!

I've been there & tried it. The first few words got my confidence up
before my apparent illiteracy was sadly revealed.

I also subscribe to A.Word.A.Day (http://wordsmith.org/awad/
subscribe.html). It's a fun (& free) daily word with derivations &
examples, not that my results on FreeRice are any testament.
Interesting, and easily worth the price, though.

Okay - I'll bite. What does "derivations" mean?
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 4th, 2007, 10:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Dec 4, 5:09 pm, Frank Reid wrote:
I only got to level 46. 1080 grains in about 2 minutes.

Goddamn showoff. I struggled to hit 43 before I quit.

Joe F.
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"rb608" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 5:09 pm, Frank Reid wrote:
I only got to level 46. 1080 grains in about 2 minutes.

Goddamn showoff. I struggled to hit 43 before I quit.

Joe F.

I quit at 50lbs of rice. Dont want the ****ers to get fat !

Edmond Dantes

Old December 5th, 2007, 02:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

On Dec 4, 8:14 pm, Edmond Dantes wrote:
"rb608" wrote in message

On Dec 4, 5:09 pm, Frank Reid wrote:
I only got to level 46. 1080 grains in about 2 minutes.

Goddamn showoff. I struggled to hit 43 before I quit.

Joe F.
I quit at 50lbs of rice. Dont want the ****ers to get fat !

Edmond Dantes

Dem dare words is hard. I done ok for a while and my ears started
smoking. Now if they were to do a Jeff Foxworthy vocabulary, they
might get a hella more grains of rice!

Its ok... they could do the Becktionary for the liberals.

Although I'm not picking sides, or revealing my political preference,
both would be pretty nifty.
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Edmond Dantes wrote in message

I quit at 50lbs of rice. Dont want the ****ers to get fat !

Look up "moron."

Wolfgang

Old December 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Adams

On Dec 4, 4:24 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and improve
their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need it!

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Snopes says it's legit:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp

Wolfgang

I only got to level 40. Not surprising when you consider my first
thought when I read the title of the post was that Condy was being
held hostage somewhere, and Wolfganf was trying to rescue her.
Old December 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

George Adams typed:
On Dec 4, 4:24 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
Here's something everyone can do to help feed the hungry.......and
improve their own vocabulary at the same time. God knows y'all need
it!

http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Snopes says it's legit:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp

Wolfgang

I only got to level 40. Not surprising when you consider my first
thought when I read the title of the post was that Condy was being
held hostage somewhere, and Wolfganf was trying to rescue her.

I got to 49 very rapidly. Online, context-sensitive dictionaries are great,
eh?
--
TL,
Tim