looking for pros to do product review

Old April 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

Default looking for pros to do product review

Does anyone have a connection, or a place we could mail a couple of
our flies to someone in the know with a little recognition in
sal****er fishing circles?

I am looking for a pro sort of review for a couple of our fly patterns
to use in our promos, and website, but a google search seems to come
up a little short for this sort of thing.

Of course an in to the folks of the big circulated magazines would be
outstanding. Like
http://www.flyfisherman.com/salt/
But just a comment on our flies from some one with a generally
respected opinion would help....
I hope not to offend, because I have gotten some great advice off this
board from just about all the members..... so I hope folks get a feel
for what I'm looking for without thinking I dont value everyones input
I have received..
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Apr 7, 1:47 pm, Sprattoo wrote:
Does anyone have a connection, or a place we could mail a couple of
our flies to someone in the know with a little recognition in
sal****er fishing circles?

I am looking for a pro sort of review for a couple of our fly patterns
to use in our promos, and website, but a google search seems to come
up a little short for this sort of thing.

Of course an in to the folks of the big circulated magazines would be
outstanding. Likehttp://www.flyfisherman.com/salt/
But just a comment on our flies from some one with a generally
respected opinion would help....
I hope not to offend, because I have gotten some great advice off this
board from just about all the members..... so I hope folks get a feel
for what I'm looking for without thinking I dont value everyones input
I have received..

I think someone in this group is going to be chasing redfish in the
gulf in the next few weeks...I'd suggest that person should do the
review.

TBone
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
Sprattoo wrote:
[...]

I bought three of these in gold (thanks Charlie Choc);

http://www.eastcut.com/scottsSpoon.php

and three of these in brown size 4;

http://www.eastcut.com/maribouCrab.php

from my usual mail order source FeatherCraft of St. Louis.

I'll only be fishing for redfish one day and in the bayou
from a kayak not really in the Gulf. (We're in New Orleans
for JazzFest, not fishing.)

I have never fished in sal****er, I am not a professional
fisherman and I don't write product reviews.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Apr 7, 1:47*pm, Sprattoo wrote:
Does anyone have a connection, or a place we could mail a couple of
our flies to someone in the know with a little recognition in
sal****er fishing circles?

I am looking for a pro sort of review for a couple of our fly patterns
to use in our promos, and website, but a google search seems to come
up a little short for this sort of thing.

Of course an in to the folks of the big circulated magazines would be
outstanding. Likehttp://www.flyfisherman.com/salt/
But just a comment on our flies from some one with a generally
respected opinion would help....
I hope not to offend, because I have gotten some great advice off this
board from just about all the members..... so I hope folks get a feel
for what I'm looking for without thinking I dont value everyones input
I have received..

You might want to try Mark Sedotti. He is a big time striper
fisherman. He'll be appearing at my club's "Spring Fling" on Apr 19.
So, if you're in eastern Nebraska about that time, you can come see
him.
Frank Reid
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:47:43 -0700 (PDT), Sprattoo
wrote:

Does anyone have a connection, or a place we could mail a couple of
our flies to someone in the know with a little recognition in
sal****er fishing circles?

I am looking for a pro sort of review for a couple of our fly patterns
to use in our promos, and website, but a google search seems to come
up a little short for this sort of thing.

Of course an in to the folks of the big circulated magazines would be
outstanding. Like
http://www.flyfisherman.com/salt/
But just a comment on our flies from some one with a generally
respected opinion would help....
I hope not to offend, because I have gotten some great advice off this
board from just about all the members..... so I hope folks get a feel
for what I'm looking for without thinking I dont value everyones input
I have received..

You can try Susan Cocking - she is the Outdoors writer for the Miami
Herald and is an avid fisherwoman - If she
is not willing, I am sure that she knows several people that would be.
--
Calling an Illegal Alien an "Undocumented Worker" is like calling a
Crack Dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message
news

Calling an Illegal Alien an "Undocumented Worker" is like calling a
Crack Dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"

Still having trouble making a reality of the dream of a career as a drywall
sander, huh? Well, that's the trouble with choosing a life's calling in
which one is forever doomed to be vastly inferior to the competition, ainna?

Fear not, though, in another generation or two the spawn of your own whelps
will be ripe for crossing the border to the south in search of gainful
employment.

Wolfgang
silver linings are our specialty.....huge selection in stock.

Old April 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

wrote:
[...]

Crack Dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"- Hide quoted text -

Thanks I will be sending her an email later today.