Teens fishing for support? smart kids.

Old April 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sprattoo

Default Teens fishing for support? smart kids.

Sometimes I think the human brain works in strange ways. When I was a
young lad, I fished a lot, but screwed up a lot, especially in school.
I was thinking on my drive in to work this AM that dang, I wish I had
focused more of my time as a teen on business and fly fishing. Or
whatever I wanted to do, instead of hanging out with my "friends"
getting in trouble and experimenting with the usual teen age...
things.

Today I received an email from a young man who is currently going to
the same highschool I attended. He said that himself and his 4 friends
have been fly fishing for a few years, and were looking for sponsors.
He would wear the logos and what not of all his sponsors whenever he
hit the water.

wierd.... Just what I was thinking I should have done. So I told him
yes, yes. I will be supplying them with some flies to get started, and
as they fish, and refer customers (with unique cards or by mouth I am
thinking) I will try to track the referals, then after, whatever goal
I can come up with, I will be starting him and his crew off with a 10%
discount on gear. I hope to meet this young guy this weekend and talk
him into entering some sort of competitions this summer.
What a smart kid..... I am trying to get hold of someone from a group
called fishing not drugs, or something like that for some added
support for these young men.

What sort of Fly fishing competitions are out there? And are any in or
near Maine? Not only for myself, but for my newly sponsored team.
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Sprattoo" wrote in message
Sometimes I think the human brain works in strange ways.

Well, you're absolutely right about that.

[...]

sigh

Do the world a favor. Tell the kid to forget about fly fishing
competition.....go out and find some drugs to experiment with.

Wolfgang
"well it's the only thing that i could do half right....."

Old April 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Sprattoo wrote:

... He said that himself and his 4 friends
have been fly fishing for a few years, and were looking for sponsors.
He would wear the logos and what not of all his sponsors whenever he
hit the water.
snip
What sort of Fly fishing competitions are out there? And are any in or
near Maine? Not only for myself, but for my newly sponsored team.

If you want somebody to wear your logo sponsor a Little League team.

You should teach your young friends that fly fishing is not a
competitive sport and that they don't need "sponsors" to buy
them expensive gear.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Do the world a favor. *Tell the kid to forget about fly fishing
competition.....go out and find some drugs to experiment with.

The drugs will be cheaper.
Frank Reid

Old April 11th, 2008, 05:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

There is a national program called H.O.F.N.O.D. hooked on fishing not
on drugs....
A lot of rod and gun clubs have competions.....Here in Ct.we have
Trout Derbys tagged fish for prizes... Check you local T.U. Chapter
they may have someting going on....State of Maine fish and wildlife
website could help you out.........Where in Maine are you located I
was born and brought up in the Bangor area still have alot of family
there.............
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

On Apr 11, 12:12*am, Mike wrote:
There is a national program called H.O.F.N.O.D. hooked on fishing not
on drugs....
A lot of rod and gun clubs have competions.....Here in Ct.we have
Trout Derbys tagged fish for prizes... Check you local T.U. Chapter
they may have someting going on....State of Maine fish and wildlife
website could help you out.........Where in Maine are you located I
was born and brought up in the Bangor area still have alot of family
there.............

The H.O.F.N.O.D. program is a part of the Future Fisherman Foundation.
Their website is: http://futurefisherman.org
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Apr 10, 1:08 pm, Sprattoo wrote:

What sort of Fly fishing competitions are out there? And are any in or
near Maine? Not only for myself, but for my newly sponsored team.

If the kids want to fish competitively, tell them to junk their fly
rods and buy a bass boat.

cheers

oz

Old April 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Calif Bill

"MajorOz" wrote in message
On Apr 10, 1:08 pm, Sprattoo wrote:

What sort of Fly fishing competitions are out there? And are any in or
near Maine? Not only for myself, but for my newly sponsored team.

If the kids want to fish competitively, tell them to junk their fly
rods and buy a bass boat.

cheers

oz

http://www.visitmammoth.com/docs/Dou...ul%20entry.pdf

Always seems to be at the same time wife has other plans.