cod question

Old October 10th, 2003, 05:35 PM
seb

Default cod question

Hello all,

When do the cod normally show round the needles? I've only been
fishing for a year - caught my first bass this summer - now really
fancy a winter cod!

thanks

seb
Old October 10th, 2003, 06:11 PM
SEAANGLING

When do the cod normally show round the needles?

About now, or the day after you go out for them, cheers and good luck, Norman.
Old October 14th, 2003, 12:29 PM
seb

Thanks Norman - I was thinking of using squid on a pennel rig - does
that sound sensible?

thanks

Seb
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:38 PM
SEAANGLING

Thanks Norman - I was thinking of using squid on a pennel rig - does
that sound sensible?

Certainly does and the bigger the bait the better, try a 3 hook pennel rig,
cheers, Norman.
Old October 15th, 2003, 10:41 AM
seb

Great. If the wind drops, I'll give it a go on Sunday. Thanks for your
help, I'll keep you posted

Old October 17th, 2003, 08:33 PM
ChronicFatigue

Can cod be caught from the shore at Milford on the shingle which runs up to
Hurst Castle overlooking the Needles and the Isle of Wight?

Any tips for fishing there at this time of year?

Old October 17th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Gurgeh

Walk down to the elbow, and fish 4hrs down 1 up, with Lug and squid. Better
waiting to the end of the month though. There are usually a few good Cod
caught there every winter.