Motor problem

Old June 21st, 2004, 12:15 AM
big fish 2003

Default Motor problem

I have a 1997 Johnson 200 h.p Venom I was going fishing today, and while
driving to the lake I looked back and my motor was turned, I got out and
my motor tote was up and the tilt motor sounded like it was stuck on in
the up position, I disconnected the battery and the tilt motor was hot.
Does anyone know what this might be?

Old June 21st, 2004, 01:41 AM
doS

Common sense, the tilt was in the down position against the motor tot, the
tilt motor is porobably fried now.

Old June 21st, 2004, 02:37 AM
Bob La Londe

"doS" wrote in message
Common sense, the tilt was in the down position against the motor tot, the
tilt motor is porobably fried now.

If the motor was still trying when it was shut down its probably not fried.

Is there any chance a tilt switch somewhere on the boat was being held down
by a piece of equipment? I have a tilt switch on the bow, throttle lever,
and the side of the motor on my Baker. On My Skeeter there is one on the
front, back, and throttle.

A fishing pole or landing net laying on one might have done the trick for
you.

--
Public Fishing & Boating Forums
Fishing & Boating Link Index

Old June 21st, 2004, 03:38 AM
big fish 2003

I just went out and checked the switch on the front deck, and yes a
fishing rod was pressing against the switch causing it to be held in the
up position. Thanks a million buddy.

Old June 21st, 2004, 04:23 AM
Bob La Londe

"big fish 2003" wrote in message
I just went out and checked the switch on the front deck, and yes a
fishing rod was pressing against the switch causing it to be held in the
up position. Thanks a million buddy.

Wow! I get to be right for once.