Ice Out in Wisc

Old March 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S.

Default Ice Out in Wisc

Hey Steve or anyone else up in Northern Wis, When is the ice out usually???
I know it was late last year.... Any info would be great ...Thanks

Chris S.

Old March 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Chris S." wrote in message
Hey Steve or anyone else up in Northern Wis, When is the ice out
usually??? I know it was late last year.... Any info would be great
...Thanks

Chris S.

Usually, ice is out by mid-April, but I don't think that's going to be the
case this year. I was past Boom Lake yesterday and there were pickup trucks
and 4-wheelers all over the lake.

I'll post when the ice starts getting ugly, but there's still a couple of
feet left, so it'll be a while.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"Chris S." wrote in message
Hey Steve or anyone else up in Northern Wis, When is the ice out
usually??? I know it was late last year.... Any info would be great
...Thanks

Chris S.

Usually, ice is out by mid-April, but I don't think that's going to be the
case this year. I was past Boom Lake yesterday and there were pickup
trucks and 4-wheelers all over the lake.

I'll post when the ice starts getting ugly, but there's still a couple of
feet left, so it'll be a while.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Thanks.............

Chris S.

Old April 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Chris S." wrote in message
Hey Steve or anyone else up in Northern Wis, When is the ice out
usually??? I know it was late last year.... Any info would be great
...Thanks

Hi Chris,

The ice is starting to pull away from the shore on most of the lakes up
here. But still, I saw last weekend there was some idiot that had driven
his pickup out on Lake Tomahawk! Whether he got off the lake dry is
anyone's guess, but I didn't see anything on the news that night. Unless we
get a lot of warmer weather, I'd say we're still a couple weeks away from
ice-out.

Old April 12th, 2009, 03:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"Chris S." wrote in message
Hey Steve or anyone else up in Northern Wis, When is the ice out
usually??? I know it was late last year.... Any info would be great
...Thanks

Hi Chris,

The ice is starting to pull away from the shore on most of the lakes up
here. But still, I saw last weekend there was some idiot that had driven
his pickup out on Lake Tomahawk! Whether he got off the lake dry is
anyone's guess, but I didn't see anything on the news that night. Unless
we get a lot of warmer weather, I'd say we're still a couple weeks away
from ice-out.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve thanks for the report. Will be coming up over Memorial Day weekend and
do some Smallie fishing up at Plum Lake....maybe try another ????

Chris S.

Old April 13th, 2009, 02:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Chris S." wrote in message SNIP

Steve thanks for the report. Will be coming up over Memorial Day weekend
and do some Smallie fishing up at Plum Lake....maybe try another ????

Chris S.

I know Memorial Day weekend can be a real zoo, but have you fished Lake
Tomahawk and Minocqua? Both are excellent bass fisheries.

Old April 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

"Chris S." wrote:
Steve thanks for the report. Will be coming up over Memorial Day
weekend and do some Smallie fishing up at Plum Lake....maybe try
another ????

I know Memorial Day weekend can be a real zoo, but have you fished Lake
Tomahawk and Minocqua? Both are excellent bass fisheries.

I'll be up in your neck of the woods, (you're still in Rhinelander
I take it ?), for my annual spring fly fishing trifecta, (muskies,
smallies and brookies) in an around Boulder Junction and the trout
streams of the yoop.

I'll be there from the Wednesday after Memorial Day (May 27) until
sometime in the second week of June. I do most of my smallie fishing
in the Manitowish River and the Sylvania lakes but pick a date
somewhere in there if you want and we can wet a line together someplace
over your way. I'm only a half hour, forty-five minutes from you
and I'd hate for you to get off to Piddledink, Kentucky before we
got another chance to have a fun afternoon. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"Chris S." wrote in message SNIP

Steve thanks for the report. Will be coming up over Memorial Day weekend
and do some Smallie fishing up at Plum Lake....maybe try another ????

Chris S.

I know Memorial Day weekend can be a real zoo, but have you fished Lake
Tomahawk and Minocqua? Both are excellent bass fisheries.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Never tried Minocqua but I heard it was very good last Sept right after
your NWC. Should I look into it at that time of year or will it be too early
??

Chris S.

Old April 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Chris S." wrote in message

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"Chris S." wrote in message SNIP

Steve thanks for the report. Will be coming up over Memorial Day weekend
and do some Smallie fishing up at Plum Lake....maybe try another ????

Chris S.

I know Memorial Day weekend can be a real zoo, but have you fished Lake
Tomahawk and Minocqua? Both are excellent bass fisheries.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Never tried Minocqua but I heard it was very good last Sept right after
your NWC. Should I look into it at that time of year or will it be too
early ??

Nope, it should be just fine by Memorial Day. Although I was up in Minocqua
yesterday and there were two guys icefishing yet!

Old April 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Chris S." wrote:
[...]

I'm not in Piddledink yet Ken. It would be fun to get together again.
Shoot me an email or give me a call a little closer to the date, ok?