Snit

Old September 18th, 2009, 04:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Snit

On Sep 17, 2:30*pm, Bill Grey wrote:
In message
,
Giles writes

For one thing, this country is no longer all that new. *At two hundred
years plus as a free and unified nation (not to mention another
century or so as a de facto semi-independent state) it is older than
most such social, political and economic entities on the planet.

Why not act like a citizen of such a place then!
--
Bill Grey

We have enough folks here acting like citizens. I prefer to simply be
one.

g.

Old September 18th, 2009, 04:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 17, 11:44*am, "Fred" wrote:
On 17-Sep-2009, wrote:
OTOH, with good ol' goofy Fred, his heart seems to be in the right place
and if
nothing else, at least he's interesting.

Thanks
Its only your political posts I don't like but thats OK
I cant stop the political posting
We were all running scared before the election and we still are
What a world ? - which is why I fish - Not really for the fish but for the
wonderful places that you can go to pursue them
I care less about catching them - tho I do get my share

*I find him
about as "interesting," "amusing," and "sophisticated" as a small glass of
skim
milk and a slice of Wonder bread with the crust removed. *And while I've
no
doubt he is somewhat self-educated, I've also no doubt he believes himself
to be
much more educated and intelligent than the facts demonstrate. *While he
may
fancy himself a finely-crafted, keenly-honed scalpel, he seemed little
more than
a crudely-made swing blade with sharp-but-weak edge roughly ground on, or,
little more than a cut-and-paster of another's material.

Re goat or wolf
I find him to be a cretinous jerk
It probably does stem from insecurity and I can see why - but I don't care
Grown men do not act this way and stay healthy!

I remember a post a year ago from rw about Wofie and an Idaho bar
I then also invited him to a Montana bar to try his verbal jousting skills -

I doubt that he would emerge unscathed

I've spent time in some bars on the north side of Milwuakee, the south
side of Chicago, all over Kenosha (ah, Kenosha! a bar and a church on
every corner. remind me sometime to tell you about the night that me
and a brace of lummoxen did a cha cha in "The Fifth Frame" on 60th
street between 31st and 32nd avenues. hey, they looked at me.....i
had a pool cue.....what's a boy to do?), and in hundreds of other
places all over the U.S and a few places in Mexico. Places would make
your hair stand on end and little puddles form around your feet. I
spent most of my working life in heavy industry.....with a short time
out for a federal penitentiary. Seriously, what do you suppose a few
broke back gals in high heels and funny hats have got to show that I
ain't already seen?

Hey, you or stevie......or dicklet.....ever been in a knife fight?
Boy howdy, THAT'll get the old adrenaline pumping! Not that I'd
recommend it as a regular leisure time activity or anything.....

But again enough - I would prefer to killfile and forget the fool and

Good luck with that.

I must say that your post is great

Yeah, he's a regular frosted flake.

g.
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"jeff" wrote

while i disagree with wolfgang's methods of making his points, and have
said so, you have to admit he at least keeps it interesting...and at times
it's even quite amusing. i don't remember an instance of him calling you
or anyone else a "****ing creep" "goat****", "human turd" or an "obnoxious
asshole dick" (rw, that one still has me puzzled).

"So goat boy **** you and **** off! plonk" and similar outbursts don't
reveal an educated wit, conversational ability, or even maturity in
dealing with someone you've never met but with whom you disagree. it
really is "teevee" behavior, isn't it? only, not even of that quality.

"imbecile", "idiot" "moron"...those seem to be wolfgang's most frequently
used offensive ad hominems.(he did use "asshole" in a humorous retort to
"hambone") i don't like the use of those words either, but they are
qualitatively different than "****ing creep". he uses a more literate
(though at times verbose) method to poke at soft spots til they are
painful, even the soft spots of his friends.

i am wolfgang's friend within the limits of our geographical distance and
infrequent contact. i hope i am similarly a friend to others i've been
able to meet on roff. as with the others i have met, the seed of the
friendship with wolfgang was planted here...for me, at least. still, it
didn't ripen until after several very pleasant fishing adventures and time
shared. i've enjoyed his wit, wisdom, generosity, and kindness on more
than one occasion. i'm better for the experience and appreciative for
things he's patiently shown and taught me.

we don't and won't always agree. that's not a requirement for friendship,
and would be boring and stale. i admit i dislike the poking as much as the
next person, but sometimes it rightly gets my attention, exposes
something, and makes me think. i like that.

anyway fred/sam, i hope if you do meet wolfgang on a river somewhere,
before you bait your hook, you'll take a deep breath, extend a hand, and
ask about the fishing. i think the response you get might be surprising
and educational. no doubt, the fly he'll suggest will be a pass lake.

jeff

yep.

yfitp
wayno(plus, the guy is very, very bright)