Daddy

Old September 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default Daddy

Well I am the proud father (again) of 1500 to 2,000 rainbow fingerlings
We are just waiting for rain and cooler weather before we put them back into
the lake

We have to incubate them (and eye them up) elsewhere as our breeding canal
gets way too hot

I will be sending out 1-2,000 cigarillos in celebration
Please send fish baby clothes - pink and blue

Fred
Old September 28th, 2009, 05:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

Fred wrote:
Well I am the proud father (again) of 1500 to 2,000 rainbow fingerlings
We are just waiting for rain and cooler weather before we put them back into
the lake

We have to incubate them (and eye them up) elsewhere as our breeding canal
gets way too hot

I will be sending out 1-2,000 cigarillos in celebration
Please send fish baby clothes - pink and blue

Fred

Hi Fred,

Congrats on being a proud father. I can not imagine how much it
is going to cost you for their weddings and their college tuition!
:-)

Just out of curiosity, since these are all essentially clones
of each other, how do they establish a pecking order for
feeding lies? Just fight like hell with each other until
one get tired? Usually the bigger one just give the smaller
one the evil eye and the smaller one scampers off. But,
since they will all be the same size ... Or, maybe this
is stream behavior and not lake behavior.

-T
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 27-Sep-2009, Todd wrote:

Just out of curiosity, since these are all essentially clones
of each other, how do they establish a pecking order for
feeding lies? Just fight like hell with each other until
one get tired? Usually the bigger one just give the smaller
one the evil eye and the smaller one scampers off. But,
since they will all be the same size ... Or, maybe this
is stream behavior and not lake behavi

It's a very well fed lake (leeches)
With 3 aquifers at the bottom
It is not over populated
We have a long way to go for that & I do not plan to put that many in
There are 4or so generations of stocked fish and some natives left over

I did introduce 900 females last year

After this yr and last I may take a year or 2 off from starting my pumps for
breeding - so we should be at say 4-6,000

They are not clones - We captured the mating fish, stripped the eggs and
milt and combined them under optimal conditions till they hatched

Fred

Fred

Fred

Fred