Need help finding an underwater Baetis fly

Old August 16th, 2010, 01:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default Need help finding an underwater Baetis fly

On 2010-08-15 19:59:09 -0400, Todd said:

On 08/15/2010 05:08 AM, Tom Littleton wrote:
wrote in message
On 08/14/2010 01:41 PM, Tom Littleton wrote:
wrote in message
Thank you! I will have to find one in a store.

Unless the 'store' is Penn's Creek Angler, or AA Fly Shop in White Haven,
PA, you probably would be out of luck. I gave you the recipe so that you
can
tie up your own. Possibly, the best way to get to understand the
relationship between imitation and real bugs.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I looked on both there web sites and could not find any
pictures of flies. Rats. Google was no help either.
I have copied down what you sent me in case I ever
get a chance to use it.

Thank you for helping with my pet project!

-T

I stated those two because AA was the originator of the pattern, and I tie
them for PCA.
Tom

Hi Tom,

Any chance of PCA putting a picture of it up on their web
site? Do you know of anywhere that might have a picture?

-T

Todd, read the recipe. The fly is a soft hackle. What have Tom and I
been telling you about soft hackle wet flies? They mimic the baetis.

Go to:

http://www.pacificfly.com/products_s...+Hackle+Nymphs

See

if you can find something that matches Tom's recipe. It doesn't have
to be exact - close counts.
Size and color are the most important features.

If only so much effort was put forth for world peace as your "pet project."

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

http://www.pacificfly.com/products_s...s&subcat=Nymph....

See

if you can find something that matches Tom's recipe. *It doesn't have
to be exact - close counts.
Size and color are the most important features.

If only so much effort was put forth for world peace as your "pet project.."

Dave

Actually, vastly more effort is put forth in pursuit of world peace
than is for Todd's "pet project. The trouble is that wherever,
whenever and however much effort is put forth millions.....just like
you.....come along, just as you have here, and **** all over it.

g.
Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.
There's nothing you can do that can't be undone.
Nothing you can sing that can't be dung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be unmade.
No one you can save that can't be enslaved.
Nothing you can do but you can't learn how to be you
in time - It's sleasy.

All you need is hate, all you need is hate,
All you need is hate, hate, hate is all you need.
Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.
All you need is hate, all you need is hate,
All you need is hate, hate, hate is all you need.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's sleasy.
All you need is hate, all you need is hate,
All you need is hate, hate, hate is all you need.
All you need is hate (all together now)
All you need is hate (everybody)
All you need is hate, hate, hate is all you need.

pig.

moron.

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Well, our one trick pony has learned how to hate. Now ain't that a good one.

What a pathetic never-was.

Davey (who know what the hell a soft hackle fly is)

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Aug 15, 8:48*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:
Well, our one trick pony has learned how to hate. *Now ain't that a good one.

What a pathetic never-was.

Davey (who know what the hell a soft hackle fly is)

Idiot.

g.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-15 21:49:58 -0400, Giles said:

On Aug 15, 8:48*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:
Well, our one trick pony has learned how to hate. *Now ain't that a goo

d one.

What a pathetic never-was.

Davey (who know what the hell a soft hackle fly is)

Idiot.

g.

You have a problem, Wolfgang. A vey big problem. I've never known or
seen anyone that hates as much as you. Your hissy fits are
ubelievable. And it's not just me you hate. It must suck to be you,
or even around you.

Idiot, moron, pig, cretin, whatever......
(Get help)

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Old August 16th, 2010, 04:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 08/15/2010 05:35 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

Todd, read the recipe. The fly is a soft hackle. What have Tom and I
been telling you about soft hackle wet flies? They mimic the baetis.

Go to:

http://www.pacificfly.com/products_s...+Hackle+Nymphs

See
if you can find something that matches Tom's recipe. It doesn't have to
be exact - close counts.
Size and color are the most important features.

If only so much effort was put forth for world peace as your "pet project."

Dave

Tom,

I am afraid my skill are not to the point where I could match
your recipe to the web site Dave gave me. Would you mind taking
a look Dave's link and see if any come close to your recipe?

Much appreciated,
-T
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 08/15/2010 05:08 AM, Tom Littleton wrote:

I stated those two because AA was the originator of the pattern, and I tie
them for PCA.
Tom

Hi Tom,

The more I think about it, that people resell what you tie
is a pretty high complement. :-)

-T
Old March 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
samuellwarner samuellwarner is offline
Junior Member

The abstraction is to present this fly beneath the blur the way a absolute ovipositing Baetis looks afterwards it "falls upward" if they eventually apart their footing. And, if they hit the film, to cast on their sides.