Allbright, Temple Fork Rods

Old January 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Allbright, Temple Fork Rods

On Jan 19, 11:37*am, flebow wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:05:29 -0800 (PST), Larry L

wrote:

Didn't mean to slight your place ... "pond" is a more affectionate
term than lake ...imho ;-)

No offense taken.

Its amazing that we have this lake entirely on our property.

We take care of it as it is such a fragile envronment
and the lake takes care of us.

We allow no other boats on the lake except our 3, no organic bait,
barbless hooks and aluminum shot and we expect people to respect the
land and fish. -

We have all this *and extra rods for guests (I prefer using my Sage
rods - myself)
And most improtantly - we share this lake w friends
(I like rivers)

After `10 yrs and several pumps - we have the fish breeding
They are NOT angler wary

Fred

I'll be there this afternoon. However, I have tungsten weights.
Frank Reid
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Jan 19, 9:37*am, flebow wrote:

We allow no other boats on the lake except our 3,

Dang, I had my WaterMasters (extra one for you to try ) all packed
in the truck and was just waiting until ice-out ... but, what the
heck, I can row one of your boats ;-)
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
flebow[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Tungsten is fine
Come on I will be waiting

Fred
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
flebow[_2_]

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:24:08 -0800 (PST), Larry L
wrote:

On Jan 19, 9:37*am, flebow wrote:

We allow no other boats on the lake except our 3,

Dang, I had my WaterMasters (extra one for you to try ) all packed
in the truck and was just waiting until ice-out ... but, what the
heck, I can row one of your boats ;-)

I would love to try the WaterMaster made down a little of me south in
Missoula
It would have to be washed in hot water w a lttle bleach and suds
I reaaly cannnot take chances w the lake environment

AFAIK man cannot make lakes or rivers - but they can destroy them

I thank you as I am going for the TFO 6 wt maybe 5 or even a 7 - these
are big fsh
My T & T rod was great - somewhat heavy for six weight
I e-mailed them 3 days ago - no reponse I will call them tomorrow
Customer service for T & T sucks
dows

Fred
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Jan 20, 6:38*pm, flebow wrote:

I would love to try the WaterMaster made down a little of me south in
Missoula
It would have to be washed in hot water w a lttle bleach and suds
I reaaly cannnot take chances w the lake environment

AFAIK man cannot make lakes or rivers - but they can destroy them

I applaud your care and concern ... invasive species are a huge
problem.
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Jan 21, 7:29*am, Larry L wrote:
On Jan 20, 6:38*pm, flebow wrote:

I would love to try the WaterMaster made down a little of me south in
Missoula
It would have to be washed in hot water w a lttle bleach and suds
I reaaly cannnot take chances w the lake environment

AFAIK man cannot make lakes or rivers - but they can destroy them

I applaud your care and concern ... invasive species are a huge
problem.

You got me thinking, Fred. I make a pretty stong effort to clean
waders, boots, nets etc as a move but I've never done much with the
WM. I do wash them in soapy water a couple times a year and apply
"anti-UV" treatment to protect the material The idea of bleach
worried me, so I called the mfg. They had no answer, but eventually
said, "I'd be a bit concerned about the bleach." I'm going to try
putting a piece of patch material in some bleachy water for a while
and see if it seems to do any harm.

Anyway, just saying, cause ya got me thinkin' ( got a headache now )
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
alvirrojohnn alvirrojohnn is offline
Junior Member

I've heard a lot of acceptable things about the Ross rods recently. Haven't used one myself, but a acquaintance of abundance has and absolutely brand the Essence FW. If you bolt it on auction at Cabela's, you ability be just beneath the $200 mark.