Mexico ... fishing in Winter

Old December 22nd, 2010, 08:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

Default Mexico ... fishing in Winter

I know a very nice couple that truly qualifies as year round mega-
fishing bums. In past Winters they have moved their trailer way
down into Mexico along the Eastern edge and pursued sal****er fly
fishing.....somewhere

I don't seem to be able to locate them, at the moment, to ask them
directly
..... so I'll ask here.

Where in Mexico are good spots for a free-lance ( no lodge or
guides ), inexperienced at sal****er, angler to study on the map and
consider?

I'd be wanting to tow a trailer down ( although I might convince the
wife I "needed" a pop up camper and I have a 2008 Diesel that requires
ultra-low sulfur fuel (which I understand may be a real problem to
get south of the border??)

Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Dec 22, 11:55*am, Larry L wrote:
..

Where in Mexico

Goodness, there is now a link to visitmexico.com on this Google
page ... kinda spooky ... do they parse the threads the effort to
"target" the advertising
Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

.

Where in Mexico

Goodness, there is now a link to visitmexico.com on this Google
page ... kinda spooky ... do they parse the threads the effort to
"target" the advertising

Yes. We ... "They" do.
Frank Reid
(your friendly neighborhood cybergeek)
Old December 25th, 2010, 07:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Dec 22, 12:55*pm, Larry L wrote:
I know a very nice couple that truly qualifies as year round mega-
fishing bums. * *In past Winters they have moved their trailer way
down into Mexico along the Eastern edge and pursued sal****er fly
fishing.....somewhere

I don't seem to be able to locate them, at the moment, *to ask them
directly
.... so I'll ask here.

Where in Mexico are good spots for a free-lance ( no lodge or
guides ), inexperienced at sal****er, angler to study on the map and
consider?

I'd be wanting to tow a trailer down ( although I might convince the
wife I "needed" a pop up camper and I have a 2008 Diesel that requires
ultra-low *sulfur fuel (which I understand may be a real problem to
get south of the border??)

If you don't have a good boat and knowledge of the area your options
are extremely limited. Also, the local guides are not pleased about
Anglos poaching on "their" water without paying a guide fee. I
wouldn't bother to try. Sad to say, but quality flats fishing is a
rich man's sport.

The best place I've seen for DIY bonefishing is Eluthera Island in the
Bahamas. You can rent a car pretty cheaply and access lots of places.
Try the Gummy Minnow in Governor's Harbour.
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Dec 25, 10:57*am, " wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info, rw

I need to find ways to occupy my retired guy time more fully, in
Winter. Sadly, a couple months a year in New Zealand or Patagonia
ain't for we poor folk neither.

BTW, I think I saw you going the other direction on the road near
Picabo in Sept ... I thought for a while "Where do I know that guy
from?" and eventually decided maybe it was you and I recognized you
from pictures. If so, my closest thing yet to a real world ROFF
encounter G

Old December 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Dec 25, 10:31*pm, Larry L wrote:
On Dec 25, 10:57*am, " wrote:

[...]

Could be. I would have been driving a red F150 or a black Subaru
Outback. I bought a place just north of Hailey this summer so I've
been spending a lot of time in those parts. You should stop next year.

I'm going to Costa Rica in January -- no fishing, just wildlife
viewing -- and thinking about a fishing trip to Andros in March. Big
bones, I hear. Its too bad that flats fishing isn't more affordable
because it's great fun.

BTW, as a dog trainer you might be interested to know that my young
Border Collie's father won the National Sheep Herding championship
this year. I wish I had room for some sheep because Deets is a
natural.
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Dec 26, 9:22*am, " wrote:
On Dec 25, 10:31*pm, Larry L wrote:

BTW, as a dog trainer you might be interested to know that my young
Border Collie's father won the National Sheep Herding championship
this year. I wish I had room for some sheep because Deets is a
natural.

that IS cool ...... most people don't understand just how special and
unique dogs that truly excel in any field of real work actually are,
compared to the average pet quality animals ..... as unique in their
species as great human athletes and scholars are in ours. I've
trained a huge number of dogs and been exposed closely to hundreds
more, all animals that the owners were very serious about for
competition ..... I can count on one hand the really exceptional ones
in that large group ( and importantly almost all in the group WERE far
about average in the overall spectrum of dogs ... )

Have fun on your trips ....

Old May 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
alvirrojohnn alvirrojohnn is offline
Junior Member

If you don't accept a acceptable baiter and ability of the breadth your options are acutely limited. Also, the bounded guides are not admiring about Anglos poaching on "their" baptize after paying a adviser fee. I wouldn't bother to try.