TR: Ramblin the southern Palouse w/Flyrod

Old October 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default TR: Ramblin the southern Palouse w/Flyrod

Just back from a few days wandering the bi-ways of the So. Palouse w/
my son. Of course we fished our streatch of the Touchet and did
OK . . . nothing big but lots of fun. River running decent and comming
up as some of the irrigation cuts back. However with alfalfa
approaching $200 a ton (did I hear that right?), some folks are
pushing for a bigger 4th cutting.

Wheat this year was problematic but those who made a crop will get
paid well. The early wetter that usual Spring gave rise to a huge Rust
infestation, and therefore big crop duster spraying costs. Multiple
hits, at $8 per acre gets old quick. Amazing pilots these guys, . . .
Marine close ground support skills and elan. I saw some amazing flying
this summer.

My son wanted to check out all the main water in 3 counties so we put
on close to 1k comming and going and wandering. BTW Walla Walla has
enough "wine tasting" rooms downtown to get one more than tipsy.

In particular we fished the Tucannon from Starbuck and the lower Snake
junction on up toward Marengo. The Gearheads were getting a few
Steelhead and snickers aside, we were game. No steelhead this time but
saw one, and the bows and Cutts were frequent enuf to make it all
worthwhile. And there is a great and strongly recommended new BBQ in
Starbuck run by a nice young couple fisherman friendly.

Last nite I canght 3 very fiesty "bows" on orange Stimulators (from
Dingles store, mainstreet of Dayton) during the early part of a large
October Caddis hatch. Then drove 270m to the ferry and home. More
soon.
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-10-05 16:14:56 -0400, DaveS said:

Just back from a few days wandering the bi-ways of the So. Palouse w/
my son.

snippage

Nice report, Dave. Thanks. I'm doing some small mouth bass fishing at
our pond here in GA. Nothing big, but it's good place to throw a fly
now and then.

Old October 6th, 2011, 01:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Oct 5, 3:14*pm, DaveS wrote:
[...]

Dave

Personally, I'd have driven (or possible even walked) the 270 meters
myself but, aside from that, yeah.

giles
who remembers a time when a lot of folks around here whined
incessantly about a time when such personal rememberances were a rare
treat.....despite the fact that they could never be quite bothered
enough to say so at the time......
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_5_]

On 10/5/2011 4:14 PM, DaveS wrote:

Just back from a few days wandering the bi-ways of the So. Palouse w/
my son....

TR with an ag and wine-tasting report tagged on. Very nice.

- JR

Old October 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Oct 5, 3:14 pm, DaveS wrote:
[...]

HH.- Hide quoted text -

Poopyhead!

Old October 26th, 2011, 11:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Oct 5, 3:14 pm, DaveS wrote:
[...]

Moron!- Hide quoted text -

Pugknuckler.