Some things ya just gotta share.....

Old October 14th, 2011, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Some things ya just gotta share.....

After some hundreds of pages of Edmund Morris's "Colonel
Roosevelt" (it's impossible to tell just how many on this stupid
Kindle) we come to the inevitable denouement. Teddy has died and been
buried.

Morris says, "Given the poignancy of his sufferings over the last
year, a considerable minority of Roosevelt-haters elected to keep
their opinions private for the time being. Even H.L. Mencken reserved
fire. 'The man was a liar, a braggart, a bully, and a fraud,' he
wrote a friend. 'But let us not speak evil of the dead.'"

Nearly stupefying.

Cluelessness on a scale hitherto encountered only here, in these
pages.....or sardonic wit worthy of Twain, Wilde
or.....yes.....Mencken.

Either way, nearly stupefying.

giles
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Injun Joe

On Oct 14, 5:59*pm, Giles wrote:
After some hundreds of pages of Edmund Morris's "Colonel
Roosevelt" (it's impossible to tell just how many on this stupid
Kindle) we come to the inevitable denouement. *Teddy has died and been
buried.

Morris says, "Given the poignancy of his sufferings over the last
year, a considerable minority of Roosevelt-haters elected to keep
their opinions private for the time being. *Even H.L. Mencken reserved
fire. *'The man was a liar, a braggart, a bully, and a fraud,' he
wrote a friend. *'But let us not speak evil of the dead.'"

Nearly stupefying.

Cluelessness on a scale hitherto encountered only here, in these
pages.....or sardonic wit worthy of Twain, Wilde
or.....yes.....Mencken.

Either way, nearly stupefying. * * * *

giles

Joe the Elder offers----well at least he took some interesting hikes
in South America--[where he almost died] --did he not do something
about parks that we have enjoyed ? Seems he lived to accomplish rather
than worry about comments upon his death !
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Oct 15, 8:41*am, Injun Joe wrote:
On Oct 14, 5:59*pm, Giles wrote:

[...]

He also took some other interesting hikes......where a LOT of things
died.

--did he not do something
about parks that we have enjoyed ?

So I've heard.....though all that took place before the stage in his
life covered by "Colonel Roosevelt."

Seems he lived to accomplish rather
than worry about *comments upon his death !

Interesting observation......could be read a number of distinctly (and
importantly) different ways. I'll take it straight up. Yes, he
accomplished rather a lot. Perhaps more than any other well-known
public figure in American history.....so far.

That said, probably few others gave much more thought to comments
about their deaths.....and that ain't necessarily a bad thing.

giles.
who has not yet lived to accomplish his own demise.....but is working
on it.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 03:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
ScovilleUnit

Giles wrote in news:b3e5bcc0-f906-4c98-8f6e-
:

On Oct 14, 5:59*pm, Giles wrote:

[...]

Just WTF does this OFF TOPIC jibberish have to do wit Fishun?????

You no good for nothing, green teeth basterd (bas terd)....yes ****!

LOL,.,.,.,.,.Green Teeth!

Old November 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Oct 27, 8:12*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote in news:db2be55f-e9c2-475e-9702-
:

After some hundreds of pages of Edmund Morris's "Colonel
Roosevelt" (it's impossible to tell just how many on this stupid
Kindle) we come to the inevitable denouement. *Teddy has died and been
buried.

Morris says, "Given the poignancy of his sufferings over the last
year, a considerable minority of Roosevelt-haters elected to keep
their opinions private for the time being. *Even H.L. Mencken reserved
fire. *'The man was a liar, a braggart, a bully, and a fraud,' he
wrote a friend. *'But let us not speak evil of the dead.'"

Nearly stupefying.

Cluelessness on a scale hitherto encountered only here, in these
pages.....or sardonic wit worthy of Twain, Wilde
or.....yes.....Mencken.

Either way, nearly stupefying. * * * *

giles

moron !