Another disappointment...

Old December 31st, 2011, 09:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_13_]

Default Another disappointment...

I have always liked St Croix fly rods and some years ago took a tour
through their factory in Park Falls, WI. While looking at their web page
yesterday I see that they're now made in Mexico. I wonder how many other
original American brand rods have moved off shore?

Frank Sr.
Is it spring yet?
Old January 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Dec 31 2011, 1:14*pm, Frank Church
wrote:
I have always liked St Croix fly rods and some years ago took a tour
through their factory in Park Falls, WI. While looking at their web page
yesterday I see that they're now made in Mexico. I wonder how many other
original American brand rods have moved off shore?

Frank Sr.
Is it spring yet?

They should change their name to Santa Cruz.
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 1, 10:30*am, Frank Church wrote:
rw56 wrote in news:3ef6735f-323d-4330-8785-
:

wrote:
I have always liked St Croix fly rods and some years ago took a tour
through their factory in Park Falls, WI. While looking at their web page
yesterday I see that they're now made in Mexico. I wonder how many other
original American brand rods have moved off shore?

Frank Sr.
Is it spring yet?

They should change their name to Santa Cruz.

Well, they named one of their low end rods Rio Santos, now I know why.

Frank Sr.
...can a name change be far behind? Probably not, they're counting on guys
like me who's into brand loyalty. (or was)

Hm.....

I wouldn't give up on brand loyalty just yet if I were you.

Give it another twenty years or so and your grandchildren can move to
Park Falls to get some of those nice factory jobs. Husband, wife, and
three or four kids doing shiftwork.....hell, they'll just about make a
living.....working for El Señor.

giles
although, by then, Cantonese or Hindi might pay off better than
Spanish......prognostication may be a growth industry, but who knows
where it will go?
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

wrote:
[...]

I read it as Brandy Loyalty.
Frank Reid
Thinkin' that works too.
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:
[...]

Ah. Then Cheeselandia is definitely the place for you.....whoever
"you" may be. Last I heard (quite some time ago, admittedly),
Curdistanis accounted for roughly 25% of Murrica's brandy
consumption. Most of us were weaned on it.

It was an improvement.

giles
of course, we're talking content here.....not delivery system.
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:
[...]

of course, we're talking content here.....not delivery system.- Hide quoted text -

On the other hand (so to speak) Loudon III and Rufus complicate the
matter somewhat.

giles
never one to cry over spilt milk
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:
[...]

Um......

Then again, there's the matter of Bailey's Irish Cream and Sambuca
which, when properly prepared, present at least a visual improvement
on the original.*

giles
*or so says the literature.....i dunno.
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:
[...]

To make matters even more interesting (not to say perverse), Elliot
Lurie insists on having it both ways......or used to, anyway.

giles
who, long about now (and presumably not alone), is just about wishing
that the matter had never come up.
Old January 31st, 2012, 02:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:

I have always liked St Croix fly rods and some years ago took a tour
through their factory in Park Falls, WI. While looking at their web page
yesterday I see that they're now made in Mexico. I wonder how many other
original American brand rods have moved off shore?

Frank Sr.
Is it spring yet?

They should change their name to Santa Cruz.

And what do they call you in Santa Cruz, or Easter Island, or the
Bahamas, or Kamchatka.......hm, ****wit?

g.
who, tardy as he may be with the regard to keeping up with the latest
in hot literature, is nevertheless aware that some people just WILL
NOT learn.