Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

sorry, until one "animal" starts to be concerned about management of
resources or about other animals' pain and suffering while they proceed
to eat it, there is no need to worry or be concerned about "pain,
suffering" or doing anything "horrible" to the animals.

sorry, there is a huge gulf between humans and other "animals".
ethically, we don't want to be inhumane because it degrades US, not
because of any potential harm it might do to the animal.

we fish (hunt whatever) because we can. that's the only justification
needed.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 08:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wolfgang wrote:

Who?

(me)

Oh.

Actually, I'm not sure you understood who all of my pronouns referred
to. Maybe I should have specified it more.

Oh, and by the way, if simply finding someone who appears to agree with an a
priori assumption qualifies as "doing science research" I've got some
colleagues who are going to be VERY disappointed to learn that they have
expended so much time and effort for so many years in doing it the hard way.

It depends, but I don't need too much to not think someone's evil. I
save that for special people.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Wolfgang wrote:

But if someone

Who?

(me)

Oh.

Actually, I think I should have specified who my pronouns referred to
more often because I'm not sure whether you misunderstood some stuff or
not.

Oh, and by the way, if simply finding someone who appears to agree with an a
priori assumption qualifies as "doing science research" I've got some
colleagues who are going to be VERY disappointed to learn that they have
expended so much time and effort for so many years in doing it the hard way.

That's not always so scientific, but it still could be enough for me
not to think the researcher is evil.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

rw wrote:
wrote:

Well, for me it was when you started going off about a fish's family
"mourning" for it. That was way over the top, and I knew when I read it
that no one would ever take you seriously.

That was just a bad typo. I'm glad someone brought that to my
attention. I cleared that up at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.o...af68ed8?hl=en&
but unfortunately some people probably missed it.

Many animals are known to suffer distress after the loss of a mate and
die soon afterwards, but I wasn't making that point.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wolfgang wrote:

Who?

(me)

Oh.

Actually, I'm not sure you understood who all of my pronouns referred
to.

Actually, if that were so, it would make two of us.

Maybe I should have specified it more.

Maybe. Try it some other time, and let's see what happens.

Oh, and by the way, if simply finding someone who appears to agree with
an a
priori assumption qualifies as "doing science research" I've got some
colleagues who are going to be VERY disappointed to learn that they have
expended so much time and effort for so many years in doing it the hard
way.

It depends, but I don't need too much to not think someone's evil. I
save that for special people.

Well, good......you wouldn't want to squander that.

Wolfgang

Old June 30th, 2011, 01:12 AM
mackdesoz mackdesoz is offline
Junior Member

Fortunately, the seafood catch healthy and humane way to much of the Pacific Northwest and Alaska seafood sustainability, especially in highly respected researchers.