Rinverman and I 's weekend....

Old July 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

Default Rinverman and I 's weekend....

Riverman (Myron) arrived early Friday evening and we spent the customer time
getting to know one another and quenching our thirst.

When Myron asked what the plan was, I told up him it all depended on his
wishes....did he wish to eat or did he wish to fish....Myron chose to fish.

We've had some rain lately and all the local rivers are high so we went to a
farm pond that I have permission to fish...

It's a sweet little pond and we caught a few bass and a few bluegill - but
the pond was not living up to it's potential, we couldn't seem to figure it
out.

So we departed, we home and fired up the grill. Some grilled hamburgers and
chili hit the spot and we spent the evening sitting out back talking and
quenching our thirst. Put two Roffians together and what do you get?
THIRSTY!

The next morning I got up early and had the bacon fried (nuke before
serving), the gravy hot in the pot, the biscuits ready to go in the oven and
the eggs ready to scramble...I had already checked the weather and line of
thunderstorms was moving in to the area....so I held off on the cooking
finale.

Myron was staying out back in the little house. My sister in law and niece
(from Germany) we staying with us in the big house....quite a little
international convention and it made for some interesting conversation in
the evening.

When Myron came for his Myron coffee, I explained about the weather and how
we had two options....eat or fish. Myron chose to fish.

We hit the pond and starting doing pretty good, a big improvement from the
previous night. Dave PS's beetle produced well and I was flat knocking
their socks off with a big old hairy frog pattern...and everything shut
down.

I thought maybe we had put too much 'fear scent' in the pond and that was
the problem so Myron and I debated it for quite a spell as fishermen tend to
do. We were standing around watching the weather and I wondered aloud if
the incoming front had put the fish down...He looked at me with a dead pan
poker face and I was hoping I had the same expression on mine...

We mumbled and shuffled our feet...walked our separate ways all the while
turning our backs on each other and tying on new flies...

Myron fished several different streamers and I went to a sinking tip line
with a cone head wooly booger and we started knocking their socks off. All
kinds of bluegill, nice sized crappie and some really decent farm pond large
mouth. We fished until the rain arrived and our later.

We got home and went our separate ways to shower and clean up....All clean,
we got together for breakfast and cooked and ate everything I had previously
prepared. Man, did we eat...our bellies we big and we decided a little nap
we really hit the spot. As Myron went to go back to the little house for his
nap, we both noticed the rain had quit and the sun was shining...he looked
at me and I looked and him and said to wait a minute....I needed my wading
shoes...

We tried every local spot on my rivers but we couldn't get a thing...we
fished three or four spots but with the waters gong up and down for the past
few days and being high right now, we just couldn't locate them.

We returned home, cleaned up again and sat out back to quench our thirst,
finishing the bottle of absinthe we had started on the previous day, washing
it down with ice cold beer.

We sat and talking on a variety of subject....the ladies brought out trays
and food and is was just a perfect evening after a long day.

This morning Myron came over for coffee and we said our farewells and he is
now about two hours away headed for Washington D.C.

It was a wonderful visit, a wonderful first meeting. Many promises were made
for future engagements......we even figured out where to go fishing in Hong
Kong...Myron said he had a secret hole...called the 'Whiskey Bar?'.......

John

Old July 14th, 2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Jul 14, 12:56*am, "asadi" wrote:
[...]

Yep, its all true. Had a TREMENDOUSLY good time, caught some very nice
fish in a farm pond that looked considerably too small to hold half as
many fish as we pulled in and tossed back. Despite getting skunked on
the brown water (just as Wayne Knight and I did previously in
Indiana), I really had a great time. Asadi is the absolute consumate
host, and really made me feel at home. I had originally only intended
to stay until midday Saturday, but just had such a pleasant time
chatting with John, his wife and her twin sister (Argentinians who
live in the US and Germany, via Venezuela), and their two daughters,
this multi-cultural dude felt right at home, so I stayed another day.
Packing away that good food, beer, Absinthe only added gravy to it
all.

Now to try to lose the 10 pounds that I put on this weekend. Man, that
guy can cook.
:-)

Thanks again, John. Hope I can repay the hospitality on the other side
of the globe someday.
--riverman