OT- Semper Paratus

Old September 24th, 2009, 01:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

Default OT- Semper Paratus

My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the
recruiter did on his) and passed his physical with the exception of
needing to drop a little weight before December. After that its off to
Cape May, NJ.

Have to say I'm pretty proud of him for doing this. He is pumped and
excited about it. Jacci is worried. I suppose nothing unusual about
any of that.

Geo. C.
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 23-Sep-2009, George Cleveland wrote:

My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the

Congratulations
There are a lot worse places he could be in and things that he could do..
You are rightfully proud of him and its probably a good step in life for him

Fred
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

George Cleveland wrote:
My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the
recruiter did on his) and passed his physical with the exception of
needing to drop a little weight before December. After that its off to
Cape May, NJ.

Have to say I'm pretty proud of him for doing this. He is pumped and
excited about it. Jacci is worried. I suppose nothing unusual about
any of that.

Well, the Coast Guard is a better gig than getting your ass shot
off in Afghanistan but still, it is sort of a military thing
isn't it ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Sep 23, 8:51*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
George Cleveland wrote:
My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the
recruiter did on his) and passed his physical with the exception of
needing to drop a little weight before December. After that its off to
Cape May, NJ.

Have to say I'm pretty proud of him for doing this. He is pumped and
excited about it. Jacci is worried. I suppose nothing unusual about
any of that.

Well, the Coast Guard is a better gig than getting your ass shot
off in Afghanistan but still, it is sort of a military thing
isn't it ?

Betchur ass.

Talk to some of the brown water sailors from VN.
Or the ones on the cutters in Gulf I and II

Or the MOH winners from the CG

They have come a long way from the Crapper Cops of the EPA days -- and
that wasn't their fault.

When I talk to high school students about military, I encourage them
to consider the CG, as they, with few exceptions are the only ones who
actually do what it is they train to do -- hoping that the Minuteman
guys don't have to do what they train to do.
Also, it is the best of the Academies........but you have to have
enlisted time to get in.

Congratulations to your son, George, and to you and Jacci for making
him the kind of person he apparently is.

cheers

oz
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 23, 7:25*pm, George Cleveland
wrote:
My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the
recruiter did on his) and passed his physical with the exception of
needing to drop a little weight before December. After that its off to
Cape May, NJ.

Have to say I'm pretty proud of him for doing this. He is pumped and
excited about it. Jacci is worried. I suppose nothing unusual about
any of that.

Geo. C.

Oh, good god! Another shallow water sailor!

g.
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Oh, good god! *Another shallow water sailor!

Hmm, brown water, blue water... its all squidly types.
Congrats.
Frank
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
noone

Congrats George,
And so you should be mate!

Old September 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-09-23 20:25:30 -0400, George Cleveland
said:

My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the
recruiter did on his) and passed his physical with the exception of
needing to drop a little weight before December. After that its off to
Cape May, NJ.

Have to say I'm pretty proud of him for doing this. He is pumped and
excited about it. Jacci is worried. I suppose nothing unusual about
any of that.

Geo. C.

You have a fine young man there, George. You and Jacci should be
proud. Congrats to all three of ya.

Old September 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

George Cleveland wrote:
My 23 year old son Sam came back from Minneapolis yesterday from two
days of testing and will be inducted into the U.S. Coast Guard in late
December. He did well on his ASVAB (scoring one point higher than the
recruiter did on his) and passed his physical with the exception of
needing to drop a little weight before December. After that its off to
Cape May, NJ.

Have to say I'm pretty proud of him for doing this. He is pumped and
excited about it. Jacci is worried. I suppose nothing unusual about
any of that.

Geo. C.

if he's assigned to duty in nc, let me know. i'm relatively close to
most of the CG stations on the coast, and will be happy to assist in any
local supervision Jacci thinks necessary. G

jeff (Hon. Discharged Lt.,USNR...and a nation was grateful for that fact)
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

MajorOz wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Well, the Coast Guard is a better gig than getting your ass shot
off in Afghanistan but still, it is sort of a military thing
isn't it ?

Betchur ass. ...

Yeah, that's why I'm more inclined to offer condolences than
congratulations. But hey, that's why there's chocolate, vanilla
and Cherry Garcia.

--
Ken Fortenberry