New Toy

Old September 26th, 2009, 11:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rob

Default New Toy

Good onya mate!!! (spelt correctly).
Wishing you many happy hours getting to know your new toy.
Imagine all the flies you can dry on that last hat.
Ummmm, might be best if you leave the magnifiers at home and get a pair of
glasses to use with the new rod. I am having visions of you dancing all over
the river battling against Darth Vader's light sabre on your cap peak with
your new rod.

Tight Lines Mate.

Rob.

"rw" wrote in message
Frank Reid wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. I've also made my own
furled leaders. Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

You'll also need a silly hat.

Man, there are too many rules in this sport! So, will this one work?
http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor.../hat_sibiu.htm
Frank Reid
(who actually has one)

I was thinking something more like:

http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor...at_feather.htm

Old September 27th, 2009, 12:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

yeow...if there is any question about evolution, that photo ought to be
exhibit 1... nice hat though...

jeff
Old September 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Sep 26, 2:58*pm, Bill Grey wrote:
In message
,
Frank Reid writes

[...]

Where will you clip your magnifiers?

There is a very small brim (its about 1 inch). Got the hat when we
had a folk dance program whilst in Hungarian class. Traded an extra
Hungarian fez for it.
Frank Reid
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 26, 6:47*pm, jeff wrote:
Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

The question would be which side is using the photo to bolster its own
arguments or shatter the other side's.

nice hat though...

Um.....yeah, I was just going to say that.

giles.
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey

In message
,
Frank Reid writes
[...]

Don't the Hungarians (Magyar folk wear Shackos )sp?)
--
Bill Grey

Old September 27th, 2009, 01:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:51:33 +0100, Bill Grey wrote:

In message
,
Frank Reid writes
[...]

Well, the commie ones do, anyhoo...or is it the capitalists...?

HTH,
....I always thought Marx shoulda stuck to making toys - he seemed to make some
pretty cool ones...
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Don't the Hungarians (Magyar folk wear Shackos )sp?)

That is the "national" dress, so yes. The word shacko comes from the
Magyar word csako which is a peaked cap. There are differing local
outfits. I think the fez came from the southern area of Hungary (or
at least it was worn there).
Frank Reid
Old September 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 06:58:48 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

Don't the Hungarians (Magyar folk wear Shackos )sp?)

That is the "national" dress, so yes. The word shacko comes from the
Magyar word csako which is a peaked cap. There are differing local
outfits. I think the fez came from the southern area of Hungary (or
at least it was worn there).
Frank Reid

A lot of Shriners...?

HTH,
....IT WAS KEYSER SOZE!!!!...
Old September 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

A lot of Shriners...?

A lot of turks.
Frank Reid