Need help finding an underwater Baetis fly

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

Default Need help finding an underwater Baetis fly

On 08/12/2010 11:30 AM, D. LaCourse wrote:

Oh, yes. And everyone need a stalker in their life. Thank you
for noticing.

Or a pony. But Giles is only a one trick pony. Don't count on him for
very much more than that. And he loves to stalk too.

For some unexplained reason, Giles is actually endearing.
I can not explain why. I am still waiting for him to honor
my request and call me a "nitwit". Giles is Giles. And
he righteously called you on your behavior.

Stalkstalkstalk. Everyone of roff stalks.

If I were they rest of you, I would take offense. They are
gentleman. They do not stalk. You do. Do any of them
call others stupid or swear at them because they do not
like the caliber of their questions/comments? Do the rest of them
seek out (stalk) any other individuals and actively try to
discredit them? You are the one that acts like a prat.
And, with the exception of one other person, the rest respect my
request for anonymity.

Dave, aka The Stalker (or as I like to be known, Chief Stalker)
(my eyes are starting to hurt from all the rolling....)

I was wondering if that hurt on not. If you stop reading my
posts, maybe your eyes will recover. It is a "discussion"
group. Don't read the posts you do not like. (I do not
read the political posts -- way too nasty.)

-T

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-12 14:53:56 -0400, Todd said:

On 08/12/2010 11:16 AM, D. LaCourse wrote:
Hard to believe after some of the questions you've asked on this forum.

I rather think they are very interesting.

Yes. Many people feel that way, especially about my fishing prowess.
Your opinion may vary.

Oh, I should hope so.

This is a discussion group.

No ****?
Sorry if that annoys you.

I'm not annoyed.

Well, maybe not.
I can not wait to see your knee jerk if and when I ever ask about rod
flash and vest color.

I've fished with red, orange, yellow, blue, white, black, grey,
justabouteverycolor shirt, and I am usually successful. I am sure
there are "experts" out there that will tell you anything besides _____
(add your own color) vest is bad, and that "rod flash" is also bad.
May be. I don't know. And I couldn't care less. You know why?
Because I catch fish no matter where I go. Ask people on roff. And I
am not bragging, or at least I do not mean to brag. Some of the best
fishermen I've ever fished with (Tom Littleton and Steve Barnard) will
tell you I catch fish. I need not worry about what colors I have on or
if my rod is flashing. Stealth can be of prime importance on some
rivers, but even then, worrying about what colors you have on is
carrying this a little too far.

Oh my gosh, I might even include a reference!

Of course you might. You remind me of a pathetic soul who lives in a
hovel under a bridge in Germany. He knows a helluva lot about fishing,
but never fishes. Funny......

And I'm not stalking you - I can't; you are anonymous with a phony
e-mail address. No stalking involved. I'm just trying to get you out of
the closet. d;o) I've never stalked anyone, btw.

Oh I think you have risen to the task quite nicely. You really should
avoid reading my posts.

Oh, I can't, Todd. Your posts are like candy to a baby, nicotine to a
smoker, whisky to an alcoholic.

They make you act like a prat.

Prat? Nah. I hate imposters, and you are an imposter. Prat - isn't
that a word only an Englishman would use? Never heard an American use
it.

Fortunately,
I can only count one other person in my life, out of hundreds, that I
have that effect.

What effect?

So, I think I am doing okay. And, oh yes, I am
really going to tell a stalker who I am.

I have stalkers. Several. They know who I am, where I live, my phone
number, but I remain free of any harm. Name one person on this ng that
has been harmed by stalkers?

Maybe in my next life.

I thought you were a little 11 yo girl, not a cat. Sheesh. More than
one life. How lucky are you!

You need to respect my request for anonymity.

I don't *need* to do anything as far as you are concerned.

Okay, maybe three.

Of what?

If you post stupid ****
on the internet while remaining anonymous in name and isp, you can
expect detractors.

Especially when they don't understand what you are saying and their
pride gets in the way of asking you what you are talking about.

Huh? Doesn't seem to hold you back, M.....Todd.

Well, if you are having "really great success", why, pray tell, are you
asking for advice?

It is a pet project of mine.

Gold would be a better pet.

And there are a lot of folks with
this kind of knowledge on this group.

Name one. Go ahead, I'll wait. Name one.

And, other than you, act
like gentleman.

Oh, egads. You've called my ungentlemanly. I shall lose a few
milliseconds of sleep over that slam. gasp

A lot of nice folks on this discussion group
ask about their projects, right down to the screws they use
on their reals.

They do? Well, we are in the process of redecorating our Mass. home.
New carpets and all. Our decorator says keep the carpet dark and the
walls light. What do you think? This is a pet project of my wife, but
I can advise her. Whatcha think?

Riverman's screw problem is something that should and can be discussed
on roff. Sad to say that no one could help him.

Soft hackle does a wonderful job imitating of wings

Only "above" the film, where the hackle is imitating the
six pin pricks on the meniscus that show up like a strobe
light, especially at the edge of the Snell circle.

Idiot! Soft hackle flies are normally nymphs, sub surface. A pheasant
tail is a sub surface nymph. Add soft hackle to it and it imitates
*exactly* what you are looking for. You ask a question, and then you
do not take the advice given. Your ovipositing baetis is PERFECTLY
mimicked by a PT soft hackle.

I would
quote you a reference, but I am afraid your knee will jerk
so hard you might hurt yourself.

Well, post away. We real old guys can't move our knees too well.

Thank you for the tip.

Think nothing of it.

I was thanking the other Dave.

Well, just how many Daves do we have here?

Sorry. Maybe next time.

For what.

-T

Did someone stick a gun to your head and force you to read
my posts?

Ah, that's an old roff come back. Are you sure you haven't posted here
before? Are you sure you don't live in a hovel under a bridge near a
train station.

Do we need to call 911 for you?

Yippee. Please do. I haven't been in a cop car in a couple of years -
ever since I retired from school.

Chief Stalker LaCourse, sir.

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 08/12/2010 12:32 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:
Idiot! Soft hackle flies are normally nymphs, sub surface. A pheasant
tail is a sub surface nymph. Add soft hackle to it and it imitates
*exactly* what you are looking for. You ask a question, and then you do
not take the advice given. Your ovipositing baetis is PERFECTLY
mimicked by a PT soft hackle.

I was hoping to pick up a stalker with better manners. Oh well...

Still does not look like wings in the praying position. Doesn't mean
hackle doesn't work. Just does not match the picture, which shows
no sign of any hackle, soft or hard. Never seen an underwater bug
with hackle. As I said before, does not mean it does not work.
Just not what I am after. I am trying to come as close to
exactly matching what a trout actually sees in the drift as I
can. (Oh no, I used a common fish term you dislike. Did your knee
hit the bottom of the table when it jerked? I did not mean to
hurt you. Sorry.)

-T
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-12 15:14:12 -0400, Todd said:

On 08/12/2010 11:30 AM, D. LaCourse wrote:

Oh, yes. And everyone need a stalker in their life. Thank you
for noticing.

Or a pony. But Giles is only a one trick pony. Don't count on him for
very much more than that. And he loves to stalk too.

For some unexplained reason, Giles is actually endearing.

Yes, and cuddly too.

I can not explain why.

No one can.

I am still waiting for him to honor
my request and call me a "nitwit". Giles is Giles. And
he righteously called you on your behavior.

He did? Who'da thunk it.

Stalkstalkstalk. Everyone of roff stalks.

If I were they rest of you, I would take offense. They are
gentleman. They do not stalk. You do. Do any of them
call others stupid or swear at them because they do not
like the caliber of their questions/comments? Do the rest of them
seek out (stalk) any other individuals and actively try to
discredit them? You are the one that acts like a prat.
And, with the exception of one other person, the rest respect my
request for anonymity.

You really believe that? Come out of your closet, fish with these guys
and you will get to know them. Fortenberry's words and advice to you
are very true. Anonymous people, especially with anonymous/fake isp
are not the same. If I or someone else wanted to speak privately to
you with advise or whatever, how could they reach you. They can't.
You are a black hole asking dumb questions, and acting like a troll.
Are you a troll?

Dave, aka The Stalker (or as I like to be known, Chief Stalker)
(my eyes are starting to hurt from all the rolling....)

I was wondering if that hurt on not. If you stop reading my
posts, maybe your eyes will recover. It is a "discussion"
group.

It soytenly is a discussion group, and that's what you and I are doing
right now. Duh!

Don't read the posts you do not like.

I gotta read them, Todd. How else can I amuse myself? Well, other
than *that*? d;o(

(I do not
read the political posts -- way too nasty.)

Eww. Yes. One must escape all the nastiness he (or she) can. Little
11 yo girls have no business discussing politics anyway.

-T

Chief Stalker LaCourse, sir.

Old August 12th, 2010, 09:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
personaobscura

Dude, if past is prolog, here's your best bet: just ignore him, and don't
answer his posts, period. He will work himself into an even bigger lather,
eventually his head will implode, he'll post another memorable screed accusing
you of committing every heinous crime ever thought of that will burn forever
in the archives along with the rest of his life story, and give the rest of
those that frequent this group another reason to avoid him at any cost.
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 08/12/2010 01:17 PM, personaobscura wrote:
Dude, if past is prolog, here's your best bet: just ignore him, and don't
answer his posts, period. He will work himself into an even bigger lather,
eventually his head will implode, he'll post another memorable screed accusing
you of committing every heinous crime ever thought of that will burn forever
in the archives along with the rest of his life story, and give the rest of
those that frequent this group another reason to avoid him at any cost.

Hi personaobscura,

You make a good point. I will ignore him from now on.

And I will return to my practice of referencing points
I make. (I love references.)

Thank you.
-T
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2010-08-11 20:30:26 -0400, Giles said:

On Aug 11, 11:13*am, Todd wrote:

p.s. as an aside, the picture that goes with a fascinating
explanation by Ralph. *Those of you that love the
biology behind such things will find the male's
imitating the females behavior fascinating as well.
The code to oviposit must not be on the X-Y gene
sequence. *You can never know enough about trout
or their food. *(My opinion, yours my vary.)

Can't help you with your question but if your interested in the sexual
quirks of bugs and other crittes you should read "Dr Tatiana's Sex
Advice to All Creation" by Olivia Judson, an extremely interesting and
edifying look at evolutionary biology.

giles
p.s. *watching you twist davie into ever tighter little knots is
hilarious, whether not not it's intentional.....and, no, i couldn't
care less either way.

Davie? *Knots? *heeheehee *I am enjoying myself, Wolfgang. *Immen

sely
aamof. *I can hardly wait until he discovers google.

Davey

You're an idiot.....and a pig.....and a liar.

g.

d;o) *And you are so predictable. *A one trick pony.

d;o)

Imbecile.

g.
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Aug 12, 12:48*pm, Todd wrote:
On 08/11/2010 05:42 PM, Giles wrote:

p.s. *watching you twist davie into ever tighter little knots is
hilarious, whether not not it's intentional.....and, no, i couldn't
care less either way.

Davie? *Knots? *heeheehee *I am enjoying myself, Wolfgang. *Immensely
aamof. *I can hardly wait until he discovers google.

Davey

You're an idiot.....and a pig.....and a liar.

g.

Hi Giles,

I never thought these words would escape from my fingers, but I have
kind of missed you in your short absence from these pages.

Absence? Have I been absent.....and nobody told me?

Just a little bit. *Not that much. *Don't get the swelled head.

Hm.....the swelled head.....hm.....nope, not gonna touch that.

I figured congress went on recess and you finally got a chance to
do some fishing. *:-)

Congress goes its way and I go mine.

Oh, yes. *And everyone need a stalker in the life. *Thank you
for noticing.

Stalker? No, you don't have any stalkers. All you've managed to do
thus far is to pick up a couple of notorious fools who cannot beg,
borrow or steal, let alone invent a novel way of making absolute asses
of themselves. Do whatever you please with the swelled head.....don't
even bother to tell us about it.....please.

g.
oh, by the way, you might want to take a look at swisher's and
richards' "no hackles" and/or some old classic flies (wet or
dry).....the kind made with paired duck quill wings.....for some ideas
relevant to your quest.
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On 2010-08-12 13:48:57 -0400, Todd said:

On 08/11/2010 05:42 PM, Giles wrote:

p.s. *watching you twist davie into ever tighter little knots is
hilarious, whether not not it's intentional.....and, no, i couldn't
care less either way.

Davie? *Knots? *heeheehee *I am enjoying myself, Wolfgang. *Immensely
aamof. *I can hardly wait until he discovers google.

Davey

You're an idiot.....and a pig.....and a liar.

g.

Hi Giles,

I never thought these words would escape from my fingers, but I have
kind of missed you in your short absence from these pages. *Just
a little bit. *Not that much. *Don't get the swelled head.

I figured congress went on recess and you finally got a chance to
do some fishing. *:-)

-T

Oh, yes. *And everyone need a stalker in the life. *Thank you
for noticing.

Or a pony. *But Giles is only a one trick pony. *Don't count on him for
very much more than that. *And he loves to stalk too. *Stalkstalkstalk.
*Everyone of roff stalks.

Dave, aka The Stalker (or as I like to be known, Chief Stalker)
(my eyes are starting to hurt from all the rolling....)

Moron.

g.
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 08/12/2010 02:52 PM, Giles wrote:
All you've managed to do
thus far is to pick up a couple of notorious fools who cannot beg,
borrow or steal, let alone invent a novel way of making absolute asses
of themselves.

You probably are correct. It was bad judgment on my part to argue
with them -- rise to the bait, so to speak.

g.
oh, by the way, you might want to take a look at swisher's and
richards' "no hackles" and/or some old classic flies (wet or
dry).....the kind made with paired duck quill wings.....for some ideas
relevant to your quest.

I love them. They are about 85% of what I was looking
for. I will be spending a lot of time of that site staring.

I did notice on his flies page, he give a black and white
picture of a Baetis spinner. So, he is actually trying
to match the little buggers.

http://www.dougswisher.com/flies.htm

-T