DNR Bans Felt Soles In Maryland Waters

Old March 30th, 2011, 02:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default DNR Bans Felt Soles In Maryland Waters

On Mar 29, 7:26*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:38:40 -0700 (PDT), "dr.narcolepsy"

wrote:
On Mar 29, 4:49*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Is there something, along the concept of the material that you put in
paint to keep live things from growing on the hull of a ship, that can
be used in felt?

I've been loving Cabela's el cheapo wading booties all these years.
Based on my boyhood canoeing experiences, I think I'm going to make
myself some aluminum boots.

Felt is really only a needle punched non woven (It is udually heavier
more dense and multidirectionally stronger than most nneedle punches *
The initial non woven (poly) fibers and substrate are quite lees lofty
(thin)
Then a needle machine emplying needles w hooks to pull out the fibers
to get a heavier looking product taking up more spave for that "High

( Iould like to use the machine to groom the scalp hair on a goat that
mayo read tis on list )

Felt, although the fibers are concentrated ,they would soak up paint
like a sponge - but quite unevenky w diffreent absorption rates pwer
THICK and thin areas (similar to a chemicaLly bonded saturated there
are uneven amounts of fibers in different ares - They fibers are
definitely not evenly laid down
It may also adversely affect multidirectional strength and stability

There are producta that would more readily address the problem(s) than
felt

A few companiues *have obviously tried rubber
Vibram soles are top of the line for on land apps (( I do believe
goats have souls so in realtity it is not a goat frequenting ROFF

I may not nelieve in a suopreme creator but I nbelieve that each of us
- animals too had a dustinct soul.

Soren Kierkegaard

Makes a boy desperately want to believe in a benign and omnipotent
god. Who else could grant the power to write.....um.....whatever the
**** that is.

g.
who, on the other hand, can find no fault with the logic behind the
dictum that you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.