Speaking of Penns Clave- Not your Father's Milheim

Old April 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene Cyprych

Default Speaking of Penns Clave- Not your Father's Milheim

Most of you know that the Elk Creek Cafe in Millheim has been enjoying
more than a little success. I wish the owner well. It's nice to have
food for people who don't have to have meat an potatoes at every
meal. Anyway, some additions to Millheim that you may not have been
aware of.: a wine co-op (a place to taste and buy wines from a couple
of PA wineries), a coffee shop, and an art gallery. Now, here's the
fisherman's part. The coffee shop is called the "Inglebeanery", and
the art gallery is "The Green Drake Gallery and Arts Center".

Like I said, not your father's Milleim.
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Apr 29, 6:32*am, Gene Cyprych wrote:
Most of you know that the Elk Creek Cafe in Millheim has been enjoying
more than a little success. *I wish the owner well. *It's nice to have
food for people who don't have to have meat an potatoes at every
meal. *Anyway, some additions to Millheim that you may not have been
aware of.: a wine co-op (a place to taste and buy wines from a couple
of PA wineries), a coffee shop, and an art gallery. *Now, here's the
fisherman's part. *The coffee shop is called the "Inglebeanery", and
the art gallery is "The Green Drake Gallery and Arts Center".

Like I said, not your father's Milleim.

Aw, our little town has grown up. Unfortunately, this means the
strippers are gone.
Frank Reid
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Injun Joe

Joe the Elder asks------do the ducks still have right of way ?
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Apr 30, 4:01*pm, Injun Joe wrote:
On Apr 29, 8:09*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

On Apr 29, 6:32*am, Gene Cyprych wrote:

Most of you know that the Elk Creek Cafe in Millheim has been enjoying
more than a little success. *I wish the owner well. *It's nice to have
food for people who don't have to have meat an potatoes at every
meal. *Anyway, some additions to Millheim that you may not have been
aware of.: a wine co-op (a place to taste and buy wines from a couple
of PA wineries), a coffee shop, and an art gallery. *Now, here's the
fisherman's part. *The coffee shop is called the "Inglebeanery", and
the art gallery is "The Green Drake Gallery and Arts Center".

Like I said, not your father's Milleim.

Aw, our little town has grown up. *Unfortunately, this means the
strippers are gone.
Frank Reid

Joe the Elder asks------do the ducks still have right of way ?

Never studied law in Pennsylvania myself, but I suspect that as is the
case here in Curdistan ducks, like any other pedestrians (I've
encountered exactly zero evidence in support of homocentricity) have
titular right of way pretty much everywhere in the nation.

On the other hand, there is a wealth of evidence supporting the
contention that "He/She/It had the right of way" could and should be
among the most common of descriptive epitaphs.

giles
caveat peripator
Old May 1st, 2011, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 4/30/2011 8:19 PM, Giles wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:01 pm, Injun wrote:
On Apr 29, 8:09 am, Frank Reid © wrote:

On Apr 29, 6:32 am, Gene wrote:

[...]

waddling into the middle of a main thoroughfare from an alleyway is not
a right i'd recommend any pedestrian assert...especially when such right
makes claim against a truck loaded with... uh ... loaded fishermen.

jeff (though a difficult defense, i maintain it was a "darting duck",
suicidal. ...and, um, from where do you think the duck dinner at the
hotel originates, eh?)
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Apr 29, 6:32 am, Gene *wrote:

[...]

I've heard of "suicide by cop" but "suicide by boy lawyer from North
Cackalacky in a pickem up truck" is not one I've see on any episode of
CSI Millheim.
Frank Reid
(though not gonna argue the efficacy of the it)
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Apr 29, 6:32 am, Gene *wrote:

[...]

Precisely. Rights and wrongs are academic.....take any half dozen of
the folks (anthro, anser, or any other) you have righted or wronged at
one time or another and see how long it takes any of them to offer
forgiveness. The boneyards and barbecues are full to overflowing with
the insistent, the insensitive, the indiscriminate, the inattentive,
the intrepid and the idiots.

especially when such right
makes claim against a truck loaded with... uh ... loaded fishermen.

It's a stone cold fact that the greatest intellect and the most
stunning physical mesomorph in the land will ALWAYS lose in a kinetic
dispute with a Ford F-150.

jeff (though a difficult defense, i maintain it was a "darting duck",
suicidal.

A profoundly mitigating circumstance if ever there was one. Assisted
suicide may be reprehensible where the abettor is fully cognizant of
his role (in advance) and a participant of his own free will.....but
draftees must, I think, be held to a different and somewhat more
relaxed standard.

...and, um, from where do you think the duck dinner at the
hotel originates, eh?)

Ah, the old victim vis a vis entree conundrum. Alas, even here in
Cheeselandia (cf. mssrs. Gein and Dahmer) we have not yet fully come
to grips with this one to the extent of arriving at a widespread
consensus

giles
who, personally, leans toward the common sense conclusion that "slow"
is more or less synonymous with "lunch."
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Apr 29, 6:32 am, Gene *wrote:

[...]

Well, yeah, but have you EVER seen an episode of CSI Millheim in which
what was first ruled as a suicide turned out to be anything other than
a coldly calculated and executed homicide?

I'll wager a shiny new nickel that you have not.

Frank Reid
(though not gonna argue the efficacy of the it)

That's EXACTLY what always throws the local cops off the scent.

giles
it's not that y'all don't watch enough t.v.......you just don't watch
critically.