tr--or, how age and infirmity make cowards of us all...

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default tr--or, how age and infirmity make cowards of us all...

On May 14, 4:32*pm, " wrote:

...thanks for your subtle correction on my quote. *how could i have
forgotten dylan thomas as the source.

yfitons
wayno

Mr. thomas was flesh.....with feet of clay (as they say). He was
forgettable, as are we all. We live only as long as we are
remembered. You've got a ways to go.

sic semper humanus.

Wolfgang

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On May 14, 6:55*pm, Giles wrote:
On May 14, 4:32*pm, " wrote:

...thanks for your subtle correction on my quote. *how could i have
forgotten dylan thomas as the source.

yfitons
wayno

Mr. thomas was flesh.....with feet of clay (as they say). *He was
forgettable, as are we all. *We live only as long as we are
remembered. *You've got a ways to go.

sic semper humanus.

Wolfgang

OK
I will see your noteworthy Welshman, if wordy, and raise yee one
awesome poet, of Irish decent, naturally.

Cast a cold Eye
On Life, on Death.
Horseman, pass by!

"Under ben bulben," W.B.Yeats
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

wrote in message
On May 14, 5:19 pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:

I'm a bit of a cheat writing to Roff as I don't fish these days

Bill in South Wales

so what, billy boy: you can still make art with a camera. for god's
sake, keep that up.

I'll e-mail you a pic of a Red Kite taken recently

thanks for your subtle correction on my quote. how could i have
forgotten dylan thomas as the source.

How could a Swansea boy miis that ?....:-)

Bill

yfitons
wayno

Old May 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ellis Morgan

In article , Bill Grey
writes

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
............................... i really can't walk more than about 200
yds.
in short, we are a small group of has been athletes trying desperately to
follow mr. mcneill's admonishment about not "going gently into that good
night", or whatever he said. thus the refusal to let go of the excesses
of our youth and middle age.

..... or as Dylan (The Swansea lad) wrote:-

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Sorry to hear of your infirmity Wayne. It is hard to let go of the excesses
of youth etct nearing 75 I'm slowing down a bit these days - I find 18 holes
a bit to much for me. Statins seem to have done for me :-(

Given them up now and the legs are surely imroving.

I'm a bit of a cheat writing to Roff as I don't fish these days

Bill in South Wales

Bill,

Are you suggesting taking statins could threaten my enjoyment of
fishing?

--
Ellis Morgan
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Injun Joe

On May 16, 2:44*am, Ellis Morgan wrote:
In article , Bill Grey
Joe the Elder offers-Wallace Stegner my- favorite American author [ and one of our best ] writes in TheSpectator Bird " -

" I am really getting old, it comes as a shock to realize that I am
just killing time till time gets around to killing me...........::"'

Thankfully a young (72) pert wife- a few physical activites - many
good books and Manhattens at five keep me busy--but the dark cloud
is there and I often wonder what's going to happen to my 500 unused
flies and my five fly rods
when---

SUNSET AND EVENING STAR AND ONE CLEAR CALL FOR ME !
AND MAY THERE BE NO MOANING AT THE BAR ; WHEN I PUT OUT TO SEA.

TENNYSON

Old May 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Ellis Morgan" wrote in message
[...]

Very Possibly. Yhey have side effects which can cause severe muscular
problems. They do not afffect everyone the same way - you may be one of the
lucky ones.

Bill

Old May 18th, 2011, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
snip
laugh, spread your contempt as you will, call me a charlatan, a poseur, a
fake.

Charlatan.
Poseur.
Fake.

my response is simply this: **** you and the horse you rode in on.

Never mind.

all the best to all my old friends, from

your friend in the old north state
wayno

What a pleasant read, wayno. Thanks for that. Good health to you, my friend.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
markkhenry markkhenry is offline
Junior Member

We usually break in one of the cabins at almond marina, harder by the shores of fontana lake, on the point area the little tennessee and the nantahala come together.to anatomy the arch agreeable for the impoundment. for about four days, whisky is drunk, lies are told, music is played, and women remembered.
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On May 18, 10:06*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote in news:205e89b9-f659-4533-bcd5-
:

On May 14, 4:32*pm, " wrote:

...thanks for your subtle correction on my quote. *how could i have
forgotten dylan thomas as the source.

yfitons
wayno

Mr. thomas was flesh.....with feet of clay (as they say). *He was
forgettable, as are we all. *We live only as long as we are
remembered. *You've got a ways to go.

sic semper humanus.

Wolfgang

moron!