After the Rapture

Old May 27th, 2011, 12:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default After the Rapture

On May 26, 12:24*am, Mark Allread none@none wrote:
On 05/20/2011 08:51 AM, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

I'd be happy to give a home to the fly fishing gear of all those
who are going to be "raptured" tomorrow. Just respond via email. ;-)

There was nothing in scripture to support their claim to knowing the
date of the rapture. Jesus Himself said He did not know the date, only
the Father... If some preacher claims to know what Jesus does not..?

Kinda thin ice, there.

Hm.....

If some preacher claims to know what Jesus DID not (there is room for
speculation as to what he may or may not know today), it bears
remembering that the preacher has the benefit of reference to the
scriptures which, unless I have been badly misled, Jesus did not.

Me? I just want to fish some of the nymphs I tied over the winter. I had
some luck already with a #16 brassie and had fresh trout for dinner.

Cast not thy bread upon the waters.....for thou shalt harvest catfish
or carp.

OK, it was only a stocked 9 1/2 inch rainbow, but it was a trout.

Served up with rice cooked in chicken stock, and green beans.
And a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.

'Cause on the way back home with a dead trout in a plastic grocery bag
in the back seat, I decided to buy a lemon.

Lemons are good. We like lemons.

Yeah, we fly-fishermen are just plain weird that way. Who else has ever
had to vacuum muskrat fur out of their living-room carpets?

Bubba, Sparky, Toivo, Eino, Sven, Ole.......and, yes, even Lina.

giles.
yeah, pop-flies to the infield are easy......but it still looks good
in hd.
Old May 28th, 2011, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

--
Ken Fortenberry

Rapture did happen. Unfortunately, Jesus was a fisherman and took all
my striped bass. That was the Rapture. Therefore, I can't catch them
cause theve been called "up."
Frank Reid
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:

I'd be happy to give a home to the fly fishing gear of all those
who are going to be "raptured" tomorrow. Just respond via email. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Rapture did happen. *Unfortunately, Jesus was a fisherman and took all
my striped bass. *That was the Rapture. Therefore, I can't catch them
cause theve been called "up."
Frank Reid

rApture??!!

Oh.....well.....um.....never mind, then.

I thought everyone was talking about rUpture.....and thought, "so?"

g.
like there's something new and interesting about a herniated
universe.....ainna?