A rare opportunity...

Old June 2nd, 2011, 01:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default A rare opportunity...

On Jun 1, 10:07*am, "JT" wrote:

I appreciate all the info!

JT

Info is wonderful stuff. I have, over the course of the past few
decades, had recourse to quite a bit of it myself. Not nearly the
equivalent of knowledge or understanding.....of course.....but it'll
do in a pinch.....if you like being pinched.

On the other hand......

****wit.

g.
give 'em what they want.....it's what they want.
don't ask why.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 03:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On 2011-05-27 16:33:44 -0400, "JT" said:

SNIP
Dave
(All packed for the Rapid. *Flow is 700 cfs, so fishing will be excellent.)- Hide quoted text -

My little river went from 1000+ cfs on the 26th to 350+ cfs today. In
the depth of irrigation season it goes down to100- cfs, and less, and
this March it hit 1500+ cfs and spread all the way to my sugar dike.
The river goes where it wants and does what it will. Huge snow pack in
the mountains this year. Hope the river stabilizes by next week.

So much moisture this year that the farmers are fighting rust fungus
in the wheat. Crop dusters working overtime whenever the wind cuts
out. These guys are incredible. But it is a bit disconcerting to look
out the camper window and see an airplane coming at you no more than
10 feet off the ground. ;+)) Reminded me of that old movie, "North by
Northwest." These guys are a blast to watch doing the valley fields.
Incredible pilots. Ex USMC close ground support if I were to guess.

With wheat prices so high no one wants to lose the crop. Prices for
last year's dregs are about $9.30+ for Hard Red Winter, and a bit more
for the coming harvest. My little field got a good set. Fingers
crossed on the rust however.

Dave
PS all my trees made it thru the Winter but with some damage from too
much snow and critters. All have live candles so I think they will
make it.
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Giles" wrote in message

On Jun 2, 10:03 am, "JT" wrote:
"Giles" wrote in message

asshat...

JT

Old June 11th, 2011, 03:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jun 10, 3:31*pm, "JT" wrote:
"Giles" *wrote in message

On Jun 2, 10:03 am, "JT" wrote:

"Giles" *wrote in message

asshat...

JT

Well, no, Giles didn't actually write that.

Regardless, it conjures some very interesting images.

g.